News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ track cleaning

Started by mlt1227, January 01, 2008, 08:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mlt1227

I have a train set with some snap together Bachmann EZ track that was given to me about 5 years ago.  I put the track together and ran the train some when I first received it.  As I recall I started having trouble with the engines running after a short time.  From my lack of experience, it seemed as if the track wasn't holding a good current completely around it. 

I was wondering if it might have anything to do with the track needing cleaned.  I've got the track and trains back out recently and the trains still seem to run sporatically.  Are there any suggestinos to determine if it's the track that needs cleaned versus some other possible solution?  I'd like to get back into it and even start designing and building my own layout now so this starter set seems to be a good base of track and product to start with.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Paul W.

Welcome!
Clean track is a must! Go to your local hobby store, and get a track cleaner (looks like an eraser), and also get some track cleaning fluid. This can be wiped on the railheads to clean them as well.
Happy Steamin'

Paul

kevin2083

You may also want to crimp the rail joiners A LITTLE with a pair of needle nose pliers. This will help make sure that power goes to all the track.

BTW, is it steel track (black roadbed) or nickle silver (grey roadbed) ? Steel needs to be cleaned more often than nickle silver.
______
|_____|
0|||||0   
||'-#'||