News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New 4-8-4 Daylight

Started by Hal, January 04, 2008, 12:52:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hal

Season Greetings all ,

Just received my New  4-8-4 Daylight w/DCC On Board, put it on my DC layout and it barely moves. Plugs are in , Track and wheels clean. light works.  Won't move on upper end of power just on lower end. Don't have DCC layout.   Any suggestions

Thx
Hal >:(
Hal
Myrtle Beach

barrowsr

Hal,
Is there a switch on the loco somewhere to allow you to select Dc or DCC?  I'm in the dark other than that.  Might want to call the service dept.

Robin

SteamGene

The decoder should sense DC or DCC and act accordingly.
Merry Eleventh Day of Christmas.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Hal

It really pi -- es me off that I've been waiting some time for this Engine, finally wife suprises me . Now I have to spend """MY """ money to ship it to "B" man to be fixed. Really love "B" Mann products, but not when it costs me. >:( >:( >:( :'( ::)
Hal
Myrtle Beach

the Bach-man

Dear Hal,
Make sure that there are no foam packing strips over the lead and trailing trucks.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

r0bert

what power supply are you using?
you can also bi-pass the decoder.
included with your loco in the packaging was a little plastic bag with two "L" shaped pieces of metal with three prongs on each, these are the DC jumper plugs.
open the tender , unplug the decoder, it's the black wrapped square with seven wires out one end leading to a rectangular plug, and put the jumper clips in to the plug
some thing like this
lyour loco is now DC, if you ever want to make it DCC again just plug the decoder back in.
I would just put a little tape around the decoder plug, and leave the decoder in the tender shell, so it won't get lost.

r0bert

Quote from: the Bach-man on January 05, 2008, 12:01:09 AM
Dear Hal,
Make sure that there are no foam packing strips over the lead and trailing trucks.
Have fun!
the Bach-man
Ahh, yes the foam, it would hold the drivers just high enough off the rails to break traction.
it took me hours to find that one on a weathered 2-6-6-2, not only was the foam the exact same color as the loco, but it went in before the weathering paint went on, making it totally invisible.
"California dreamin' on such a winter's day"

SteamGene

The 2-8-4 has that artfully camoflagued foam, too.
Merry Twelveth Day of Christmas
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Hal

;D  Thanks for all your replys. First thing I did when I opened the box was check for foam.

rObert
Removing the decoder worked. Thanks a lot. If ever in Myrtle Beach I owe you one.

Hal

Hal
Myrtle Beach