News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

spectrum mogal

Started by marshallcates, January 07, 2008, 01:37:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marshallcates

I want to put R/C in the spectrum mogal, but use track power. There is an obvious collection point under the bottom plate. Two wires of the  four wire lead to the tender picks up tender track power. The other two leads are not connected. What are they for?

I had thought of disconnecting the two leads from the collection point in the engine to the electronics and using the two "extra" wires to the tender to pass engine track power to the tender. Combine that with the tender pick-up and then pass all of that through the R/C and sound board. Then send the motor power back along the lines that were connected to the tender pick-ups. I don't know if the wires will handle the moter load, and there must be some use for the two extra wires.  Also the chuff pick up on the last axle  is always on. There is no break in the metal axle contact. What doe one usually use to break the contact?

calenelson

this guy could tell you....

http://dnkgoods.home.mindspring.com/index.html

call number on web page, Dave will answer...he'll know the answer!

cale

marshallcates

I did and he did. Essentally my plan will work, the two extra wires are power to a non existant tender light.Also my axle is the wrong one.

calenelson

I figured he could help! make sure u report back on your success...
cale