News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Next

Started by Doug.Oaks, January 09, 2008, 03:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricky

I'll agree with the W.P.&Y. #4.
..also, alarger Shay...modeled after the former West Side Lumber Co. engine that is now Yosemite Mountain & Sugar Pine Railroad #15.
...But...
like I said in another topic....the one I REALLY want is a K36 or K37...(maybe even lettered for the Cumbres & Toltec?).
...OK...how about ALL of the above?!!! ;D
...and ALL of the ones everyone else has mentioned too?

Rick

John B

The C-19 would be nice.  Something in between the Connie and Kay.

http://photoswest.org/cgi-bin/imager?00007514

John B

Mr. Bach Man,

Have we returned to the "who's name shall not be spoken" as far as future items?

JerryB

I've seen several folks asking for a "Larger Shay", citing the Westside Lumber Co. / Yosemite Mountain Sugar Pine RR #15. For what it's it worth, #15 is a 60 ton engine. That isn't significantly different from the 55 tons of Bachmann's current three truck Shay.

I haven't directly compared the dimensions of the B'mann 55 tonner with the #15, but eyeballing them, it looks as if they are pretty close.

Now if we want a larger three truck NG Shay, we should probably ask for something along the lines of WSLCo. / YMSPRR #10. That machine is an 83 tonner and is one of the heaviest NG gauge Shays built. It really does look different!

See more at the YMSPRR webste:
http://www.ymsprr.com/about.html

BTW, my vote goes for a modernized 2-6-0 based on the Centennial mechanism. Something along the lines of Nevada County Narrow Gauge #5.

Or as an alternative, a modernized 2-8-0 like Nevada-California-Oregon #14 / Southern Pacific #1 / NCNG #9 / U.S. Navy #L17. Both the #5 and the #9 are really special to later-day Pacific Coast NG RRing.

See more about these engines at the NCNG website:
http://www.ncngrrmuseum.org/pb/wp_c65d458f.html?0.9213144429592949

Happy RRing,

Jerry
Sequoia Pacific RR in 1:20 / 70.6mm
Boonville Light & Power Co. in 1:20 / 45mm
Navarro Engineering & Construction Co. in 1:20 / 32mm
NMRA Life Member #3370
Member: Bay Area Electric Railway Association
Member: Society for the Preservation of Carter Railroad Resources

Loco Bill Canelos

Time for somthing really different.  How about a Plymouth Critter. or an articulated Logging loco!!!   

You EBT guys already have enough stuff!! ;D ::)
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

JerryB

Quote from: Loco Bill Canelos on January 31, 2008, 05:25:47 PM
Time for somthing really different.  How about a Plymouth Critter. or an articulated Logging loco!!!

Either of those would work.

So many choices, so little time (and cash)!!

Happy RRing,

Jerry
Sequoia Pacific RR in 1:20 / 70.6mm
Boonville Light & Power Co. in 1:20 / 45mm
Navarro Engineering & Construction Co. in 1:20 / 32mm
NMRA Life Member #3370
Member: Bay Area Electric Railway Association
Member: Society for the Preservation of Carter Railroad Resources

grumpy

How about a logging  2-6-6-2 with side tanks.
Don

smcgill

How about bringing this to 1:20 !

John B

The two stroker would be nice but BM has already produced 3 shays. 

Jon D. Miller

Before we all go off into Fantasy Land how about Bachmann getting the K-27 corrected.  A little bag of brass shims just doesn't cut it. 

Rather than take a "straw pole" on the next great locomotive from Bachmann let's get what has just be released properly correct.  Then we can all indulge in our flights of fancy on the next locomotive! :o

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

John B

Jon,

Everyone might not want something as large and expensive as the Kay.  So we are stilling waiting.   Besides,  the designers must be in work on whatever is next.

John

calenelson

John B, I agree (as to price point!)....a little Mason, or a Smallish Mogul (again), anything Eastern!

Jon D....the stones tell me a "real fix" is a comin'.....we'll see!

cale

Phil Stump

I would like to see , rather than another new engine, some nice jackson & sharp passenger cars and combines at a price we mere mortals can afford.

Kevin Strong

Quote from: Phil Stump on February 01, 2008, 09:12:44 PM
I would like to see , rather than another new engine, some nice jackson & sharp passenger cars and combines at a price we mere mortals can afford.
I think the Accucraft coaches are about as close as we're going to come to that. Bachmann's and Accucraft's 1:20 freight rolling stock is fairly evenly priced, so there's no reason to believe that Bachmann can produce a coach for much less.

I'd like to see Bachmann come out with a coach, but something a bit more generic, or at the very least not D&RGW, for the rest of us. A nice 13-window board-and-batten coach would fit any number of narrow gauge railroads.

Later,

K