News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

C40-8W

Started by daniel_leavitt2000, January 10, 2008, 06:22:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daniel_leavitt2000

How does the current generation of Bachmann C40-8Ws compare to the Atlas model? The one I am looking to get is the newer DCC on board version with the see-through screens.

I would also like to know how its speed control is and how many functions the decoder has.

the Bach-man

Dear Dan,
Come to Springfield and check it out!
Best!
the Bach-man

railbuffintx78559

Daniel:

I own an Atlas Master Gold Series Dash 8-40CW.  The locomotive comes with lighted ditch lights, full cab interior, sound, dcc, exquisite detailing, and great pulling power.  The Bachmann version does not have working ditch lights, is less powerful, and makes more noise.  People I have spoken to about the Bachmann model say it is subpar.  As far as the # of functions, most decoders from Bachmann control speed, direction, and lights.  They don't have any additional functions because they are not designed to take extra functions.  You would have to get a new decoder.

My Atlas locomotive is $250.00 with sound and DCC.  Standard DC versions (DCC ready) are $140.00,  That is retail.  You can get them for less on internettrains.com or discountrails.com.  Happy model railroading.

~Dennis~