News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Caboose needed for Wonderland Express

Started by DSmit, January 15, 2008, 12:28:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DSmit

This is On30 scale, paint scheme darkish red, dark green roof.  Can anyone recommended a caboose that would suit?  I'd gladly repaint a standard Bachmann On30 caboose, but since the color scheme is apparently not anyone's historic scheme, I'm having trouble matching the colors.  Ideas? Thank you!

BIG BEAR

Hey DSmit,
     I have a couple of the wonderland sets, I love the dark color and the detailing, gold leaf, Brass bars & all.
     I also had a dilemna. I wanted a 2-door baggage car to match my set, I ended up with a very close match, as the Pennsylvania (PRR) is a darker red. It too has the gold colored or brass railings, & if I don't point it out to people, they have no clue that it does't match.
     I looked at the Pennsylvania Coboose it too looks to be the same dark red, but the railings etc. are black on the caboose.
     PS I think all cabooses should be bright red.
    Hope this helps, Enjoy,
                   Barry
Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.

Mister Lee

I'll admit that I'm also a Wonderland Express fan. I bought several of them back when I was first thinking of getting into On30, but hadn't picked out a road name of my own. The paint scheme grew on me and I ultimately decided that I didn't have the heart to run them through the paint stripper and paint and letter them for something else.

I wouldn't mind a second run of the Wonderland Express (preferably with new road numbers), nor would I mind it if Bachmann came out with an extra  two-door baggage car or a Silverton-style or other open-air excursion car to go with it.

As for the locomotives, (despite my preference for "basic black" howbeit with striping and a graphite smokebox) I'd hope for something DCC-ready that wouldn't be priced too high for someone just looking for a train set for their snow village or birthday sets.