News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

K-27 Chuff transistor circuit

Started by "Trainman", January 16, 2008, 07:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

"Trainman"

;D I thought I would update the forums on this chuff transistor circuit. I was informed of this transistor circuit last weekend at the Del Mar Train Show. Stan Ames sent me the transistor ID and information on how to install it.
The circuit is now up and running in my K-27. It is powered by an AirWire controller fed from two lithium-ion batteries, wired parallel, located in a trail behind battery car. The sound card is a Pheonix P5. Both came from Jonathan at Electric Model Works.
The chuff circuit is performing perfectly. I am getting the exact sounds from the sound card that I programmed it to emit. It is using the chuff circuit as it's que. Now this K-27 looks and sounds just like the real Mc Coy.
I do not know,as yet, how to post either pictures or attachments to these forums, but if anyone would like to know any information on this circuit, how it installs or how it works, just send me an e-mail and I will be happy to help. I will be gone till next week on a clampper outing but will be returning in time to watch the Chargers and New England play, yipe!
As stated above this circuit came from Stan Ames. If this did not work the magnets on the axle were plan "B".

That's it, everybody out there take care,
"Trainman"

Mt Beenak

Trainman, just read about your transistor trigger for sound boards, as I posted a request for advice on trigger switches that don't work on my 2 truck shay.  :-[   Could this be the answer to making a quality sound board work in my Shay?

Mick (Mt Beenak) in Oz.

rslater

Trainman
You did exactly what I want to do...can you email me the wiring diagram?
What batteries did you use? ;D
Thanks
Richard

Trainman Ward

Trainman,

Could you send me the wiring diagram as well?

Thanks,

Trainman Ward