News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Reality vs. Practicality

Started by Bill Baker, January 26, 2008, 06:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Baker

Part of my stocking stuffers for Christmas was a pair of Bush operating signal crossings.  There's only one place that I can place it on my layout at this time and it is on a street crossing a double main line that runs into the far wall.....the street, not the main lines.

My question is this:  I will naturally place one of the signals facing towards the front, but should I place the other signal on the oppostite side facing the wall?  No one would see the lights operating, but it would look un-real to have an operating signal on one side and nothing on the other.

Well, I realize this is a minor problem, but I can't make up my mind.  So I thought I would let members of this board decide for me.

Thanks to all,
Bill
Bill

barrowsr

Bill,

Is there any way you could incorporate a mirror in the backdrop so you could also see the crossing (and lights) from that perspective?

Robin

TonyD

If you ever get one of the the onboard closed circut cameras, maybe you WILL see it, or the glow of it, as you roll by, so it's not really wasted, just ready for the future...
don't be a tourist, be a traveler. don't be a forumite, be a modeler

SteamGene

Will a cheap, non-functioning signal fill the bill?
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Terry Toenges

To echo Gene, I would at least place a signal there, whether it is operating or not.
Feel like a Mogul.