News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

WHITE PASS & YUKON

Started by Chatzi473, January 26, 2008, 10:50:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chatzi473

y not make some of their engines. the 2-8-2s would be great for a new engine, and the all ready made
2-8-0 can fit there for some WP&Y engines too.

and with different lettering the engine are good for the Sumpter Valley Railway and they are also similar to the EBT mikes with some small changes

It would be a good way for Bachmann to make a bigger engine and still be different then other companies.

Bachman can also make some diesel for the the modern day modeler if they wanted to.

what do you people think?

tac

Evenin', over there......good idea about the White Pass locos, and one that I certainly would support, but i'm sorry to say that there is no present Bachmann loco that could really be used to make a White Pass loco.

Firstly, the 0n30 connie is based on a much smaller locomotive than ever ran on the WP&YRR - is is three foot gauge, true, but it has HUGE locomotives by comparison with most other NG operations.  The famous #73, a Baldwin-built loco, is around 55 feet long and really is a big beast.  Even the ML535 diesels are around 54 feet long, and would not be out of place on a Class 1 railroad if the wheels were further apart.

I suspect it will be a long time before we ever see anything of WP&YRR rolling stock made by any maker, which is a great pity, as it is by far the most popular NG line anywhere in the whoe world.

tac
www.ovgrs.org 

Dusten Barefoot

I would Like to see WP&Y in On30. I want to see WP&Y Yuckon Queen 190, in both WP&Y and Tweetsie schemes.
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten