News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

1 inch EZ track

Started by The Old Man, January 28, 2008, 06:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Old Man

I see a EZ Track plan on Thortrains that calls for two 1 inch EZ tracks.  Is there such a thing?  If I need to make one how do I cut through the track and plastic roadbed?

PHENICUS

I couldn't find any listed anywhere individualy (not that they are not out there but I couldn't find any), but they do make them. If you are willing to get the set you can get them this way:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LX7205&P=7

The Old Man

Thanks, I was wondering if those X adapters were an inch.

PHENICUS

Yes, I LOVE that Tower Hobbies site. As I stated in another post, they have more technical info available in reference to the EZ Track system than BACHMANN does.

tommy4u2

I dont thing there an inch plus it says ataptors  But maybe you can use a combination of tracks to pick up that inch Like two 5 inch pcs. instead of on standard 9 inch straight track
My Daddy told me along time ago if you cant say something nice to  someone don't say anything at all

The Old Man

Quote from: tommy4u2 on January 29, 2008, 12:15:02 AM
I dont thing there an inch plus it says ataptors  But maybe you can use a combination of tracks to pick up that inch Like two 5 inch pcs. instead of on standard 9 inch straight track
I don't know.  It says they are one inch and they look like EZ track pieces to me.

ripvanwnkl

I can confirm that the 90 degree crossing 1" adaptors are truly 1" and are just like all other EZ track.  Since my grandson and I like double crossings, we've got "a bunch" of crossings and the 1" track pieces with them. Those 1" pieces come in real handy at times. 
Dave
USAF (Retired)

The Old Man

Quote from: ripvanwnkl on January 29, 2008, 05:52:32 AM
I can confirm that the 90 degree crossing 1" adaptors are truly 1" and are just like all other EZ track.  Since my grandson and I like double crossings, we've got "a bunch" of crossings and the 1" track pieces with them. Those 1" pieces come in real handy at times. 
Thanks for the info.

Terry Toenges

Are y'all sure you don't mean 2"?
Look at the picture. The plastic connectors sticking out from EZ Track pieces are 3/4" long. The adaptor itself is more than 1/4" longer than one of the connectors.
I apologize if I'm wrong, but I don't think so.
Can someone post a pic of one next to a ruler?
Feel like a Mogul.

Terry Toenges

To add to that, Bachmann's N Scale 60 degree crossing has 1" adaptors. Are y'all talking about N Scale?
Feel like a Mogul.

Terry Toenges

I emailed Thor's Trains and asked him about it. This was his response -

With an atlas snap saw and some rail joiners, you can cut track into 1 inch sections

The software allowed for 1" sections

Happy railroading

Thor
Feel like a Mogul.

The Old Man

Quote from: Terry Toenges on January 29, 2008, 10:54:55 AM
To add to that, Bachmann's N Scale 60 degree crossing has 1" adaptors. Are y'all talking about N Scale?
No, we talking HO, but I guess you're right, it can't be just one inch, though the towerhobbies site does say one inch.  You know who should know and say--Bachmann!

Mike

I don't know about the rest of you, but when it comes to HO E-Z track, I'd yield to the master, Terry Toenges. What Terry has managed to assemble leaves no doubt that he knows much about that of which he speaks! Terry, thanks for your often shared designs!- Mike S.

grumpy

I have even added sections of Life Like snap track or whatever the call it to my layout which is basically all EZ Track.You can do whatever you want if you have the imagination.
Don

the Bach-man

Dear All,
There are no 1" sections.
Have fun!
the Bach-man