News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

1 inch EZ track

Started by The Old Man, January 28, 2008, 06:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ripvanwnkl

I stand corrected and apologize for misleading "The Old Man".    The adaptors with the 90 degree crossings (nickel silver item #44541) are 2", not 1" as I previously stated.  But they are definitely shorter than the 2 1/4" track pieces which can be bought in packs as nickel silver item #44513. 
Dave
USAF (Retired)

The Old Man

Quote from: Terry Toenges on January 29, 2008, 12:35:11 PM
I emailed Thor's Trains and asked him about it. This was his response -

With an atlas snap saw and some rail joiners, you can cut track into 1 inch sections

The software allowed for 1" sections

Happy railroading

Thor

Is that saw the cheap $4 one?  Well it cut cleanly through the track, and the plastic ties (if in the way) and the plastic track bed?  Is there a better tool (not too expensive) that anyone recommends?  Can I simply use my regular miter box and back saw--or is this too thick a blade?

THB-DAVE

Do not use your backsaw. All model shops sell Razer saws which are best for using on plastic models. It will cut through the track and plastic roadbed cleaner than a backsaw. If you are going to do alot of track cutting I suggest you get a pair of Xurion rail nippers for cutting the track and use the razer saw on the roadbed.

Dave

Terry Toenges

You might be better off using a 1" Atlas fitter piece and then cutting a 1" piece of plastic roadbed to go under it. Sand the roadbed down so it is smooth on top.
This way, you don't have to worry about loosening the rail when you try to cut the whole EZ Track piece.
Feel like a Mogul.