News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Connie wont drive

Started by Dave, January 30, 2008, 04:52:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Greetings gentlemen, and any of the Fairer *** who may be partaking in this Forum.
     A Friend of mine here in New Zealand purchased a Connie from a Retailer in your good Country and when it arrived here it would not perform as one would expect from a New Locomotive. The motor makes all the right noises but there is no drive to the wheels. He has contacted the retailer but was told to contact Bachmann.  That is probably good stuff in USA but not here in New Zealand. We don't get a lot of response here.
  My question is, Has anyone else had this problem and if so, can you advise as to what would be a solution.  TOC, is this your field.
         Many Thanks everyone
             Dave Cole
                Waikino
                   New Zealand

John B

There is a problem with the gearbox coming loose.  Has it been tightened up?  The procedure has been well documented here and on MylargeScale.com

altterrain

President of

brian allison

hello!
well it seems that the faulty connies are coming to new zealand !!
i also have just received my outside frame 2-8-0 which does not drive.
the final drive gear on the third axle is split and simply spins on the axle. this is the second engine i have received with split final drive gear.

this nylon/plastic gear seems to be a press fit and appears, after time, to become brittle and split. my connie is brand new old stock.

i am new to this forum so apologies if this topic has been well covered before, but this is a frustrating fault and not particularly easy to remedy here in new zealand. i have just asked my supplier in USA to obtain a new wheelset ( part no. 82109, i think) so hopefully this is available

Dave

Gidday there Brian,
           can you give me a ring on 07 8637147 as I would like tohave a bit of a chat about the Connie.
                   Cheers
                      Dave
                       Waikino
                         BOP