OT: Can't upload file to forum

Started by The Old Man, January 30, 2008, 05:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogertra

Rich G.

That was my post you reposted about opening a Photobucket account and how to post photo links.

Glad you found it useful.

Yampa Bob

Sid
I just downloaded T.O.M's ral file from your site and opened in RTS.  I turned off the article numbers, changed the grid color to pale blue, zoom set to 30, saved as .bmp then converted it to a monochrome  .jpg at 360 X 190 pixels, file size only 16kb.  It looks great.

Bob
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Jim Banner

Bob, a write up on image management would be a very useful thing on this forum.  I wouldn't worry about it being off topic - this forum allows us to communicate with one another for our greater enjoyment of model trains.  And one of the realities of modern communication is images as well as words.  Any words of wisdom that help us communicate more effectively would be welcomed by many of use who post here.
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Yampa Bob

Hi Jim
Long time no see. I've been away from the forum for awhile but keeping in touch with Lanny and others by email.   

Thanks for the encouragement.  I feel well qualified to offer image management advice as I spent many years creating animated gifs and cartoons for various websites although my software knowledge is limited to Paint Shop and Corel Draw.  (which incidentally has merged into one super program). I didn't want to elaborate too much on the RTS program as it is a competitor's product, but a general image "course" might be appropriate.  My comments in this section will serve as a "lead in" to a separate topic later.

I'll give it some thought and come up with some simplified procedures.   You are right. a picture is still worth a thousand words in communication.

My first comment is,  anyone who uses a digital camera needs some kind of photo/image managing software.  XP will upload images from the camera and view them but their paint program is limited. 

Bob

The Old Man

All I can say is you guys are great.  Maybe it's just model railroading in general that brings of such generous helpful people.

Yampa Bob

T.O.M.
When I first got into model railroading, I got a lot of help here.  It's nice to be able to help others in return.

Good luck
Bob