New stuff with DCC / Sound in the new catalog

Started by Bill Miller, January 30, 2008, 06:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Miller

Noticed that a run of new road numbers for the shay , 4-4-0, 4-6-0 and 2-8-0 have appeared in the new catalog with DCC/ Sound installed. Good stuff.

Have not found it posted here yet, did I miss it?

Bill Miller

sparkyjay31

Walthers has the 4-4-0 dcc / sound listed as item numbers 85101 thru 85105.  $400!!!!  The 4-6-0's dcc / sound equipped are 84901 thru 94907 and listed at $375.  Kinda pricey huh?  :o

They are showing a TBA for the shipping date.
Southern New Hampshire around 1920 in HO
NCE Power Cab DCC
Long live B&M steam!

Atlantic Central

Sparky,

You don't actually pay retail for any of this stuff, do you? But in the famous words of a spped shop owner I knew years ago, "speed costs money, how fast do you want to go?".

Same is true here, you want sound?, DCC?, it will cost you an extra $100 or so.

Personally not worth it to me - still buying non sound DC locos when ever possible. Have bought a few with DCC only and promptly removed the decoders and gave them to my friends who use it.

For me one of the challenges of this hobby is doing good model work without spending a large fortune, I spend a small one on the hobby as it is.

Sheldon

sparkyjay31

I would NEVER pay retail.  I was just noting that the dcc / sound loco's were being listed out there!
Southern New Hampshire around 1920 in HO
NCE Power Cab DCC
Long live B&M steam!

richG

Some months ago I bought the 4-4-0 for $139.00 DCC no sound. I bought a Micro-Tsunami for $113.00 plus a one inch speaker. Still not a bad deal. You might find a better price for the 4-4--0.

Rich

grumpy

Roundhouse 84500 4-4-0  with tender and sound $159.99 - Trainworld. Nice little engine.
Don

grumpy