News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Problems with Shipping Big Hauler Sets

Started by thealtonroute, February 04, 2008, 12:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thealtonroute

In the last month I've ordered three Big Hauler sets from on-line and discount retailers.   Each time the set has been shipped by UPS - and each time the inside box has been badly damaged - and in two cases the train itself has been damaged.

Each time, the seller has simply put the set back in its original Bachmann shipping box - and slapped a UPS label on it.    This is clearly not adequate to protect the set in transit.  I collect the sets - so it is important to me that the box as well as the train is in excellent condition.

Is it possible to ship these sets without destroying them?  Can anyone recommend a seller who can ship these without damaging them?

Thanks for your help!!

kennywsp4

I have bought a couple sets from "thefavorite spot" on ebay they all arrived in great shape. the ones i got from them was still in the outer box from bachmann.
I also bought a emmet kelly set on ebay no outside damage showed on box at all also in original Bachmann outer box. once i opened it up the weight in the engine had sheared off and it destroyed the engine and tender in transit :o So it  is as far as i can see just the luck of the draw on how the package is handled in transit.