News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Disney Lilly Belle HO scale

Started by tmangray, February 21, 2007, 07:39:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmangray

I hear that Bachmann will be releasing a Lilly Belle train set in March.  I've been working on a historical diorama for our public library based on an 1888 photo which includes a virtual twin of the Lilly Belle.  I'd been facing the prospect of building this loco entirely from scratch, but if this Bachmann model is accurate enough (true to scale in most/all significant respects), then I'd be interested in it.

Ned

There is a picture of the set in the 2007 catalog but no close up of the locomotive; it may at least give you some idea of the coloring and general appearance.

Ned

Hamish K

The Disney loco is a minature replica based on a standard old time American 4-4-0. My guess is that the Bachmann set will use a repainted version of its exisiting old time 4-4-0 (NOT the more modern Richmond Septrum loco). Perhaps the Bachmann can confirm.

Bachmann's standard old time 4-4-0 is currently available in a number of paint schemes. They are reasonably accurate, although as they are Bachmann's standard series they are not highly detailed. You should be able to find one in most hobby stores to examine to see if it meets your needs.

Hamish