News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Scale comparison

Started by sour rails, February 08, 2008, 11:55:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Lapointe

No, I hadn't seen your "Image Management" thread, Bob; these were pictures I already had stored on Mylargescale.com.  Although you can store high-resolution photos in their web space (if you have a 1st-class membership - I do), they limit you to 640 X 480 resolution for posting photos directly into threads there (I guess for the benefit of those still using dial-up vs. broadband service).  They were shot with a 5-megapixel Olympus I bought the girlfriend  :-* as a Christmas present a couple of years ago - she grants me "borrowing rights" ;) on it! :D  I used "Infranview" to reduce them to VGA resolution before uploading the pictures to MLS.  When I was new to digital photography myself, I went through the same "teething" difficulties  ??? most "newbies" do in changing photo resolutions & uploading to web sites - now it's "old hat"! :)

By the way, both locomotives in the photos are Bachmann -  the little N scale one runs very well & will pull a surprising load :o for it's size!  The Large-scale one is the "Spectrum"  4-4-0 "Centennial". :)                   Tom

Yampa Bob

I use Paint Shop Pro V7 for both raster and vector.  However, JASC was bought out by Corel and the newer versions are now high end "Photo Editing".  I guess we artists are a dying breed.   So now I recommend Irfanview.  You can't get a better price then "free".

My first digital was also a 5 mpx Olympus, it takes great pictures.  I recently bought a couple of higher end units, but the pictures are too harsh for my taste, I mean who wants to see skin pores and ear fuzz.

Haven't seen  you before, if you are new then Welcome and have fun.

Bob

I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Beatle (TrainBrain)

I always love pictures like these...even though they always forget S guage and stop at G. I still have yet to see a picture that includes any Narrow gauge of any scale.

Internet All-Beatles radio: http://beatlesarama.com
All you need is love and trains
Ringo Starr: 6/28/08
SC&NY Status: Drawing board, but getting closer!
-Chris

Santa Fe buff

Nice pictures.....
very interesting..................bye!
- Joshua Bauer