News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Fed up with Modern

Started by Simon Greasly, February 10, 2008, 08:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Greasly

After much unnecessary stress amounted from trying to think of a way to model Conrail and Amtrak operation in the Electrified Corridor using the Little 4x8 plywood i have i have found that it is better to saw screw modern for now and go for something a little more toward my area. I live in Texas more specifically North Texas and if there is ever two things in common with Texas it would be this the Burlington Northern and the Santa Fe. Nowadays they both go under the name Burlington Northern Santa Fe but occasionally i still see some old Green Burlington Diesels run through here. Understanding that I have recently though to myself what would be the best way to get the most out of a Texas fell and after a quick trip to the Library I saw that their was a major revitalization of Steam here in the Lone star state. I've already began work on a Plan that looks good so far using RTS but there still some things i need to address. the requirments i need for my layout.

1. A roundhouse and Turtable. I've bought the Atlas kits it will be the main focal point of the layout.

2. A yard. Just a place to put my freight cars whenever need be.

3. A station. No Self Respecting Super chief would dare park at a freight Platform.

4. A way to run two Trains at the same time. One train just going around and Around just doesn't suit well with me.

I've run out of room and will post the rest in a moment.   
City of Truro, Flying Scotsman, and the Mallard. Who will be the next to break the speed.

Simon Greasly

5. A way to avoid complicated DCC installation or if all else fails an easy DCC system that can be installed in virtually any loco.

The Problem is that i do not have a very good sence on wiring and am not good at reading those complicated instructions on the net. On top of that i'm not even sure if the engines i want are part of the era i'm trying to model. Namely the Blue goose and the DL-109. So i'm reaching out to anyone who would like to give me tips or pointers or even a better trackplan to aid me here       
Please help me out.

Thoroughly Frustrated
Simon Greasly
City of Truro, Flying Scotsman, and the Mallard. Who will be the next to break the speed.

Trainguy95

Hey,
I am replying about running multiple trains on one set of track. I do it all the time with no help from complecated systems or anything like that. I just set two locomotives and some cars in two different areas, plug in the controller and boom two trains at once!Hope this helps.

-Trainguy

Simon Greasly

okay?........I forgot to mention that there is a turnout that leads to the adjacent track.

Trainguy95

Oh a turnout well that may be different I don't know because I dont have one

rains train

For multiple trains, easy, get the Digitrax Zephyr. Easy to use, and quick to set up, 5/5 stars I give it.

Alex

This is K-10's Modle Trains, AKA...best place in the world!

Jake

Quote from: Trainguy95 on February 10, 2008, 09:24:01 PM
Hey,
I am replying about running multiple trains on one set of track. I do it all the time with no help from complecated systems or anything like that. I just set two locomotives and some cars in two different areas, plug in the controller and boom two trains at once!Hope this helps.

-Trainguy

I think he means controlling two or more trains independently on the same track.

And, again, I second Alex with the Zephyr.
Co Admin/Founder of the North American Narrow Gauge Modelers!
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/northamericanna.html
www.myspace.com/vfb1210

JIMMY!! HAFF AR LODE JUST DROPPED LOOS!!!

Guilford Guy

Lenz systems are also very good!
Alex