Bachmann Greatland Village Express (PN 00494) - Missing Parts and Questions on w

Started by nightstar, February 16, 2008, 12:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nightstar

Hello,

I recently bought the Bachmann Greatland Village Express (PN 00494) on ebay.  The item was as described.  It looks as though it was never ran, the little kits (barn, school, split level home, trestles, etc) were all still sealed in their packing (if they came in the original box I do not know).  Also included is the original box the whole set came in.  You can view this link if it is still available: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220199520839

After looking things over there are some minor things missing:

4 - 18"  Rad. Track
1 - Straight 9"
1 - 1/3 section 18" Rad
1 - 1/2 section 18" Rad
1 - 6" Straight Track

One of these tracks is the Terminal/Rerailer

Also missing is the Plasticville Automotive Set (maybe 4 or 5 cars)

Questions:

Is there an online hobby shop that carries the Bachmann Bridge and Trestle Set (PN 46-1226)?  This was the track kit included in this set, 33 pieces, according to the paperwork. Maybe this is just the bridge and trestles. (can not find one on ebay)

If I can not buy the set, where is a good place to buy the missing track?  Most of todays track is the EZ.  If I were to buy the EZ track, can base the track sits on be removed?  What did they call the non-EZ track or the older style of track?

What is the part# of the missing set of cars?

Is there any place that has a lot of info on Bachmann trains, such as year this set was made, old advertisements for the set, etc?

Would another brand of track work, especially for the Terminal/Rerailer?  Would it have the same electrical interface Bachmann uses?  I know the plug that attaches to the transformer has the female end (square with 3 holes), that plug into the Terminal/Rerailer track.

Sorry for all the questions.  Im a newbie, this is one set I had as a child and recently found a nice buy on this.  I want to make this system whole again.  If I can avoid ebay, to avoid purchasing from multiple people and horrendous shipping just to get the missing pieces would be great.

Thanks for all your time

Woody Elmore

The Ebay posting says "New in Box and never used" Obviously a false and misleading statement. The vendor says that the sale is guaranteed. Perhaps you should contact the vendor. Remember the Latin phrase' "Caveat Emptor"- Let the buyer beware!

Bachmann EZ track is available in many hobbyshops and from on-line vendors. You shouldn't have a problem replacing the pieces and you shouldn't have to get them from Ebay. If you have the non-EZ track variety, you can try Atlas HO track. They manufacture sectional pieces.

Check the "Plasticville" area on the message board. Maybe you could post something about the missing cars. All the available Plasticville items are also available elsewhere on this website.

SteamGene

I totally agree with Woody.  I'd:
1.  Contact the vendor, explain to him what is missing, and ask about the missing parts.
2.  If the vendor doesn't give you satisfaction,  write a bad report on him and contact eBay with your concerns. 
There are several brands of sectional track with a built in roadbed.  The bases are not compatible.  However, all HO track is compatible with each other, if they are the same code.
HO track is divided into sectional and flex.  Sectional comes with or without a roadbed. Flex does not have a roadbed and comes in yard long lengths which may be trimmed to fit and bend into the desired radius.   
Good luck.
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Terry Toenges

Feel like a Mogul.

SteamGene

Reminds me of General Custer's last words:
"I think I just messed up big time."
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

nightstar

Things were as described.  They indicated the condition of everything and things that were included.  I did find the set of cars missing from the plasticville collection.  After looking the stuff over even more, there are only 2 pieces of track missing, one 9 inch straight and one curve.  The directions had in small print some track may have to be purchased to complete the designs (extra striaght, curve, 1/3 and 1/2 curve).  My tired eyes did not see that.

I contacted the vendor and they stated it was bought for her children years ago and they had it put away.  She stated she did not know how much track their should be.  Hence at the end of her description

"Everything I sell is guaranteed to the description............Please ask questions and more pictures if in doubtEverything I sell is guaranteed to the description............Please ask questions and more pictures if in doubt"

I will say the set is in excellant condition and you can tell the train was never used by looking at the wheels of the loco and trailers.