News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Indy re-issue

Started by norman, February 14, 2008, 01:50:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

norman

Hello Mr. Bachmann:

Can you re-issue the Indy as a three foot gauge version of the WW&F #10 locomotive?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEs1CHVm6m8&feature=related

Thank you
Norman

Phil Stump

Norman,  That looks like a very interesting project for a kit bash. I have been looking for something to use that engine for. Thank you.  Phil

Steve Stockham

Oh man! Why didn't I think of that?!! :-[ It's not too late! There are a couple on ebay that I saw just a couple of days ago...

the Bach-man

Dear Norman,
Great idea!
I am a big proponent of the reissue of the Indy.
Thanks!
the Bach-man

norman

Dear Mr. Bachmann, Steve and Phil:

I really hope that the WW&F #10 styled Indie is produced. I would like to make a few suggestions / observations on the previous Indy:

1) The Indy boiler height was too high in relation to the pilot deck. A low slung boiler closer to the pilot deck would greatly have improved the appearance of the Indy. The previous 2-4-2 Indy could have had a low slung boiler but of course the 2-6-0 Indy could not due to cab clearance requirements at the rear driver. Possibly the pilot deck could have been raised to reduce the boiler / pilot deck gap.

2) The Indy headlamps were way too large. The Indy 2-6-0 should have been released with the same size headlamps as the previous 2-4-2 Indy.

3) The Indy should have been built with a non functioning scale sized pilot coupler with the long tang working coupler shipped with the Indy. The long tang working coupler really presented a negative presentation of the Indy which I believe hurt sales.

4) The WW&F #10 styled Indie would be a small model. Could it be released as an all die cast model in a similar fashion to your ON3 product line? Die cast really conveys quality and would provide the required driver adheasion weight.

5) Another product suggestion is to produce the 1877 2-4-4T Baldwin rebuilt for the Californian 'Visalia RR' from your American 4-4-0 and 2-6-0 molds. David Fletcher could provide you with more information. Although the prototype was a standard gauge engine the design concept would provide a very attractive and popular product. I am still considering cutting up a 2-6-0 to model this engine. This is of course an expensive path and I could never equal the finish of a Bachmann factory built model.

Thank you
Norman

norman

Dear Mr. Bachmann:

I found Dave Fletcher's web photo of the 1877 Californian, 'Visalia RR'
2-4-4T.

http://archive.mylargescale.com/articles/masterclass/cphuntington/bkgrnd2/cph_ch2b_15.asp?pf=1

Thank you
Norman

jpipkin

I too would like a model of W.W.& F. #10.  I rode behind it last summer during the narrow gauge convention.  The Indy has the same character as #10 even though it is a totally different design.  Currently I am back dating an Indy I bought a couple of years ago.  I am adding a Banta wood cab that is larger than the stock cab and is in the same style as the cab on # 10.  I like the scale size headlights and am back dating them also along with a number of detail changes.  I understand Norman's desire for a lower boiler.  However the high boiler emphasizes the small size of the Indy and gives it a similar apprearance to W.W.& F. #10.

vic

Thats a Forney, very different from a Mogul.

What your really asking for isnt a Indy reissue, thats a 2-6-0 tendered mogul type engine, but a NEW engine based on the Indy drivetrain in large scale of Bachmann's On30 Forney

Com'on Bachmann, been asking for this since the On30 came out :-[

jpipkin

Rather than a 1:20.3 big 2-4-4 Forney like the On30 one, could we have a smaller 0-4-4 like W.W.& F. #10?  A 2-4-4 would need really broad curves.

Some day if Bachmann doesn't make it, I will have to convert an LGB 0-4-4 to 20.3:1.  It would make a smaller Forney more to my liking.

Jim

Wade Colyer

How about the Indy as a 4-4-0?

Wade

vic

Quote from: jpipkin on February 20, 2008, 07:54:47 PM
Rather than a 1:20.3 big 2-4-4 Forney like the On30 one, could we have a smaller 0-4-4 like W.W.& F. #10?  A 2-4-4 would need really broad curves.

Some day if Bachmann doesn't make it, I will have to convert an LGB 0-4-4 to 20.3:1.  It would make a smaller Forney more to my liking.

Jim

I wouldnt complain, I'm using R1s on my layout  ;)

Quote from: Wade Colyer on February 21, 2008, 09:44:00 AM
How about the Indy as a 4-4-0?

Wade

Now THAT would be interesting!!! :o