News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Does anyone.......

Started by westsidelumber12, February 21, 2008, 11:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westsidelumber12

I know this is kind of off topic but i was wondering if anyone has a spectrum 0-6-0 the are selling? I check ebay and i didn't find any, so i thought i would ask here. The road don't matter, ATSF preferred, if they where made.....
Santa Fe ALL The Way

Its true....

Yampa Bob

I don't see any 0-6-0 in the Spectrum section, they are standard versions, I believe.

For a new one you might try this site:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LX7140&P=0

I don't see many used ones on the net, none that I would buy.  If someone has one they should contact you off forum.

Bob
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Guilford Guy

Spectrum made 0-6-0's...
They are good runners when found...
Alex

rogertra

Quote from: Guilford Guy on February 21, 2008, 11:17:13 PM
Spectrum made 0-6-0's...

Spectrum have NEVER made an 0-6-0.  It's from the Bachmann "Standard" range, aka "Botchmann".

They have made an 0-6-0T though, which I gather was/is pretty good.

You've been warned.

WoundedBear

One thing I have heard about the Dockside 0-6-0T is that, while Bachmann says it is DCC ready, it supposedly does not have the 8 pin plug. I believe you need to hard wire all the 0-6-0T's.

Sid

Guilford Guy

Quote from: rogertra on February 21, 2008, 11:57:45 PM
Quote from: Guilford Guy on February 21, 2008, 11:17:13 PM
Spectrum made 0-6-0's...

Spectrum have NEVER made an 0-6-0.  It's from the Bachmann "Standard" range, aka "Botchmann".

They have made an 0-6-0T though, which I gather was/is pretty good.

You've been warned.
Sorry roger, didn't know the T was necessary when classifying tank locomotives...
I was however, referring to the 0-6-0T...
Alex

RAM

wounded Bear, You are correct when you said That the spectrum 0-6-0T is DCC ready, but it is not a plug and run.  However you called it a Dockside.  The Dockside was 2 B&Os 0-4-0Ts.

Guilford Guy

Lionel made an 0-6-0T docksider... Were they any 0-6-0 docksides, or only 0-4-0's seeing as Lionel is notorious for imaginary choo choos...
Alex

SteamGene

If you want a USRA 0-6-0 that you can use as a switcher, you need to consider the Proto 2000 version.  The new Bachmann 0-6-0 is up to the quality of its other Standards except it doesn't have an operating front coupler.  It is possible (I've done it on two) to install a Proto 2000 pilot on the Bachmann 0-6-0.  However, that was before Walther's took over Proto.  How easy it would be to get the pilot now, I don't know.  BTW, since I'm not sure I want to go through the hassle of converting the two 0-6-0s to DCC, if anybody is interested in owning one or both, each of which comes with two tenders - one USRA, one slopeback, contact me off list.  As it is, I have five USRA 0-8-0s and two SW-9s - far more switchers than I actually need.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

rogertra

Quote from: SteamGene on February 22, 2008, 05:40:32 PM
The new Bachmann 0-6-0 is up to the quality of its other Standards except it doesn't have an operating front coupler.  Gene

What genius thought that a switcher without a working front coupler was acceptable?  Botchmann?

Guilford Guy

How much would you be asking for the steamers Gene?
Alex

RAM

I think Lionel made an 2-6-4.  Some place in the world there may have been a 2-6-4.  Lionel makes a lot of thiongs that are not real, and why should they.  They are a toy company.  They can call a 0-6-0T docksider... I could be wrong, I have been before, but I am sure that the two B&O 0-4-0Ts were the only docksiders.  I think they had the number 98 and 99.  They were used to switch the dockside.

SteamGene

GG,
Contact me off list.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"