News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Wishlist thread

Started by Railwaypark, February 27, 2008, 07:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seanrail

Quote from: seanrail on May 04, 2013, 06:08:26 AM
I would like Bachmann to re-release some of their discontinued items.

1. Tar Tanker
2. The Flat Bed with Paint Drums (But with a different load instead of paint drums)
3. Gordon's Express Coaches (With a different tooling)
4. Well Wagon
Hope they Re-release Gordon's Coaches when they announce the sound fitted Gordon. it will be great to hear Gordon chugging on our layouts with the express with its authentic sounds.

Duke

---Trains---
 1. Oliver
 2. BoCo
 3. Stepney
 4. Harvey
 5. Diesel 10
 6. Daisy
  7. Hiro
  8. Bash
  9. Dash
10. Dennis

---Rolling Stock---
1. Toad
2. Breakedown train
3. Red coaches
4. Old Slowcoach
5. The Jet Engine

---Road---
1. Trevor
2. George
3. Bulgy
Thomas - Henry - Percy/Toby/Emily - Spencer - Gordon/James - Edward/Mavis - Salty - Bill/Ben - Donald/Douglas - Diesel - Duck - 'Arry - Bert - Skarloey - Oliver - Rheneas/Rosie - Rusty

Cirkit:)

Well, that sounds like a very solid wishlist for the next two or three years to come, ModelTrainFan538. I would imagine a wildcard 'New Series' character popping up, like Jeremy did this year, or another one-off joining the range.. perhaps a Lorry would do?

If Stepney were ever introduced from Bachmann, something tells me they'd find a way to reuse No. 55's wheels and another character's motor/etc, like Salty, to introduce another character into the range.. like Rosie.
I just really want to see Rosie in the range. She's a personal favorite of the newer characters for me, and considering all the CG action up in here, well.. why not?

Chaz

Thanks Cirkit!  Jeremy certainly was the wild card for this year, though based on the posts and threads regarding predictions and wishlists before the 2013 announcements were up, I don't think Jeremy is going to sell well as he was not mentioned once in either of them...  

One of the horrid lorries wouldn't be a horrible idea (or all three for that matter), since they'd be easy to make but the only thing stopping me from thinking they have a fair chance is that they were only featured in one episode.  If we were to get another road character anytime soon then I'd think Trevor, Bulgy, Butch, or Elizabeth would seem more likely since they are all iconic in the show in some way.

For Stepney I imagine he'd be a new tooling altogether, his chassis doesn't exactly match any of the other current engines chassis, which could hold him back.  

Outside of Oliver, I'll admit Rosie sounds like a good possibility since she's been pretty high-demanded too.  I myself, never cared for Rosie as much, but I'm not going to pretend any longer she'd be a good seller due to popularity amongst the fans.  Eventually Bachmann may have to make the newer characters though as they haven't done any of the characters in the newer era, or possibly going back to introducing characters who were introduced in the season 6-7 era.  Though for that category alone I can only see Arthur, Harvey, or possibly Murdoch happening, but I wouldn't hold my breath so much on those three happening unless if they were to return in full CGI.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Cirkit:)

I think Jeremy in the range adds a little diversity. He is a plane, after all, and to add to a HO layout or not, I'm sure some kid's parents wouldn't mind picking up Jeremy for their kid. We'll just have to wait and see how that jet plane does..

S.C.Ruffey wasn't in more than one television series episode, but he seems to be in many different merchandising ranges regardless. If the Lorries are in any way marketable, then I think they could do alright. I would prefer Trevor, Butch, or Bulgy, though. I'm not sure how Elizabeth would fare, but it would be nice to complete the Season 6 new cast. I'd like that! :)

Chassis yes, wheels would definitely find use in a newer character later on.. like Charlie or Rosie. She's a new series character, so younger fans would probably recognize her more than say Murdoch or Harvey. It would be nice to see the latter come in to the range, but I don't think it's really very likely that we'll see an official Harvey chuffing down the HO tracks any time soon. Ah well.

Who knows what the future will bring? We'll just have to wait and see ;)

Chaz

Fair point on Jeremy, though we already have Harold, but I guess it does make for a good variety since Jeremy is actually a plane and Harold is a helicopter.  That being said, I'm sure that the next road character could make for a nice surprise in the near future (hoping for Trevor!).  Having Elizabeth in the range wouldn't be bad either, I wouldn't mind that myself. :)  Good point though by mentioning S.C. Ruffey.  Seems like with S.C. Ruffey, Donald, Douglas, and Duck in the range now it seems like Oliver and Toad are really standing out by not being made yet. :P  But on the subject with the lorries I can imagine Bachmann would probably just do Lorry #1 and maybe not jump right into the other two, just because many of the other ranges have done this before.  

I can easily see Rosie and Charlie happening too, the former more than the ladder.  As for Murdoch and Harvey, well Murdoch I don't really see happening as much just due to being such a large engine.  He would easily go over 130 at retail since Spencer is currently at 120...  I think Harvey and Arthur are much more likely.  Harvey has made the right amount of appearances to be a good seller, but with his crane arm that's the only thing really holding him back.  Though like Elizabeth, I definitely wouldn't mind seeing Harvey join the range either.  

And you are right, we will have to wait and see, I have a feeling that the future is going to be bright :)

mrrailroad

isnt Elizabeth a girl? or did you mispell
my website for all garden train fans
http://gardentrains.webs.com/

my website for all model trains
http://usamodeltrains.webs.com/

Chaz

I was referring to Harvey in that sentence, edited it though for clarity.

PaulGWR

I'd like to see

Engines

Harvey
Murdoch
Stepney
BoCo
Oliver
Daisy
Winston
Paxton
Rosie
Aurther
Bear
The diesel
Derek
Diesel 10
Lady
Splodge
Hiro
Logging locos
Narrow gauge engines
Thomas Percy James retool

Cars

Red coaches
More troublesome trucks
Express coaches
Vans
Old style rolling stock
Old mail vans
Toad
Spiteful  brakevan
Flying kipper vans
Re releases
Brake down train or rocky

Non rail

STH car
Bullstrode
Lorries
Mail van
Trevor
Bulgy
Tiger moth
Cargo ships
Star tugs?
Dock cranes ( including big Mickey )

People

Scale figures
Workman
Mr percival

Sets

Flying kipper
Edwards branchline

Buildings

Steam and diesel works
Knapford station expansion

thomasj219

Hefty list. Maybe someday.

Oliver
BoCo
Daisy
Stepney
Arthur
Stanley
Murdoch
Harvey

Red Coaches
China Clay Trucks
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Calebtrain

Might as well make one. :P

Oliver (duh!)
BoCo
Daisy
Stanley
Rosie

Red Coaches
Some kind of express coaches. Been a bit disappointed that the old ones were retired.
Another Troublesome truck!

LS
Edward

(Wishlists are kinda fun!)
http://www.youtube.com/user/Calebtrain

I am always willing to help the best way I can. :)

Shawn

Engines:
New Thomas
New Percy
New James
Boco
Daisy
Oliver
Flying Scotsman
Den
Hiro
Connor