News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Wishlist thread

Started by Railwaypark, February 27, 2008, 07:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Yeah. I know what you mean. It's become a merchandise driven show with even less depth than Transformers at its worst. Rosie... Spencer... Because of what engine classes they are, there's some real potential to them. But with the writing the way it is, we're unlikely to see that develop into anything. Rosie being a big fan of Thomas for instance. Because of the irony there that could become something. But no, just another wasted idea. Everyone from the old days is out-of-character now. The narrow-gauge stories nowadays all make me want to puke. And... I'll stop now.

The Chaz Storm

Quote from: Bachfan on April 19, 2010, 08:42:06 PM
Add Stepney, Derek, and Toad to my list too! I know I want a lot. ;D Too bad most of them won't be made. :(

Stepney - I wouldn't be so sure if I were you.   Stepney would be really nice in all but there are other characters I think that would have to be made before we can get around to him.  Personally I think Stepney has a higher chance of being made compared to some of the newer characters like Billy, Charlie, Dennis, etc.  But I think characters like Duck and Oliver would have to be done first before Stepney.

Derek - Not happening.  Only appeared in one episode.  Apart from a music video appearence, never seen or heard from again.

Toad - Toad I think would come out around the time Oliver would be announced.  If that were the case I hope it wouldn't involve the same case with Toby and Henrietta where we had to wait TWO YEARS for her after Toby came out. XP

WootWoot11

I would like to say a few things..
about the idea that they shouldn't make unoriginal engines.
If then... Percy isn't really a original.
because he came around second season...
i am stupidstar25, you are Foo!

Michael

Percy?  He came in Season 1.  He was one of the main seven.   

Also, by seeing whats being made this year, I can bet that we are going to get Duck and/or Diesel.  Only thing is Diesel could be VERY fragile, considering his wheels and rods.  I never thought Bachmann would make Bill and Ben, but boy was I proved wrong!

therailwayinspector

Just want to say in my opinion,

I'm no expert on sales and all, but from what I'd guess, it's not wether they have had x number of roles or not, but wether the model will actually. Ok, sometimes episodes do help but if demand is high, such as for Stepney and Boco, then it's worth time putting models like that into production. Just bear that in mind all those who are saying

"Won't be made, hasn't appeared many times."
Steam, Diesel? It's All The Same.
Creator Of Thomas The Model Adventures

PasqualeCS96

Quote from: WootWoot11 on April 19, 2010, 12:34:06 PM
well... here is my real wishlist:
Stepney
BoCo
D261
Derek
Lady
D10
Chocholate covered Percy
Jack Frost Percy
Snow Plow Thomas
On youtube.com there was someone who used real chocolate to make a chocolate covered Percy, and was D261 the diesal from Bowled out or was that a Class 40, pretty sure it was a Class 40 though.

IronOutlaw24

My wishlist
-Duck
-Devious Diesel
-Oliver the Great Western Engine
-Daisy
-Boco
-Harvey

Personally, I'd be fine with any characters/ rolling stock/ buildings from the classic Seasons 1-7...there's very little from the current age of Thomas that I would want on my layout (once it FINALLY gets built)

ClearwtaerMK2

Bachmann should also make a pink James after he along with Thomas & Percy are redesigned. ;)

SodorAdventures

I think releasing Bill and Ben and Donald and Douglas was perfect for their marketing...
because

LITTLE CHILDREN!!!!

When children see Twins they will want both donald AND douglas or bill AND Ben. They will end up buying both, causing more profit to Bachmann...

Cha-Ching

Well, I know this was not a wishlist but it is coming soon either way ;)

My Wishlist:
RWS

I know some may sound surprised about RWS, but with all of us combined on YouTube and these forums, RWS is very well liked. Although young children will not really have any interest, older modelers may find RWS a great product!

Feel free for comments!

-Sodoradventures :D
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

The Chaz Storm

Quote from: ClearwtaerMK2 on April 20, 2010, 08:46:45 PM
Bachmann should also make a pink James after he along with Thomas & Percy are redesigned. ;)

Not happening.  Only happened in one episode, it wouldn't be even close to a great seller.

Quote from: SodorAdventures on April 20, 2010, 09:15:47 PM
I think releasing Bill and Ben and Donald and Douglas was perfect for their marketing...
because

LITTLE CHILDREN!!!!

When children see Twins they will want both donald AND douglas or bill AND Ben. They will end up buying both, causing more profit to Bachmann...

Cha-Ching

My Wishlist:
RWS

I know some may sound surprised about RWS, but with all of us combined on YouTube and these forums, RWS is very well liked. Although young children will not really have any interest, older modelers may find RWS a great product!

Feel free for comments!

You do realise Bachmann's models are based on the television series, right?  If you want RWS characters or RWS accurate models, you're better off making your own.  Bachmann isn't going down that road my friend.

SodorAdventures

Quote from: Chaz on April 21, 2010, 12:05:13 AM
Quote from: ClearwtaerMK2 on April 20, 2010, 08:46:45 PM

Not happening.  Only happened in one episode, it wouldn't be even close to a great seller.

Quote from: SodorAdventures on April 20, 2010, 09:15:47 PM
because

LITTLE CHILDREN!!!!

Cha-Ching

My Wishlist:
RWS

Feel free for comments!

You do realise Bachmann's models are based on the television series, right?  If you want RWS characters or RWS accurate models, you're better off making your own.  Bachmann isn't going down that road my friend.

Yeah, It was just a thought...
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

PasqualeCS96

Here are some sets I have thought of,
1. Henry, Red Coaches with vans to replace the coaches(switch out)
2. Percy with one or two mail vans with red open cargo wagons
3. Donald and Douglas with loaded freight cars
4. James and some tar wagons ( says Douglas) :P
  And if Duck and Oliver are made Oliver with scruffy & T.T. 1-3 with Toad
  and or Duck with the red Branchline coaches ( 2 composite and one brake coach)

ClearwtaerMK2

Sets:
1.Paint covered thomas with flatbed with paint drums & brake van
2.Percy with 2 mail vans & brake van
3.Busy bee james with 3 china clay trucks & trouble some truck #3

PasqualeCS96

I need yout guys suggestion, I want to get the ventilated van but should I wait and see what T.T. 3 looks like?

JD417

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on April 23, 2010, 03:50:55 PM
I need yout guys suggestion, I want to get the ventilated van but should I wait and see what T.T. 3 looks like?

not trying to be rude but what does one have to do with the other?