News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Wishlist thread

Started by Railwaypark, February 27, 2008, 07:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StanierJack

If anything, I'd like Bachmann to come up with a new storage design, and supply the Thomas range in boxes rather than Blister packaging.

The Chaz Storm

Quote from: ZeldaTheSwordsman on August 30, 2010, 04:21:33 AM
Yeah, that would be perfect. Such magnificence.

Duck
Rosie
Oliver
Toad
Isabel (and hopefully Dulcie, Alice, and Mirabel)
Lady (I'm making my own, but hey)
Old Slow Coach
Special pop-apart Scruffey.
Stepney

I literally can see 50% of what you said coming out. :P  Here's why:
Isabel - Bachmann isn't doing RWS characters.  Look at what happened to Fred and Ricketty.  ::)
Lady - You might as well make your own, Bachmann won't be making Lady anytime soon.  Have a look at ThompsonLine's Lady model, that looks very impressive.
Old Slow coach - I can see this being a 50/50 just because Bachmann is somewhat running out of rolling stock ideas but at the same time have a better variety of options out there for rolling stock.  Guess we can only wait and see, since rolling stock these days can always be a surprise.  Troublesome Truck #3 and the six ton wagon have proved that to us.
Pull apart SC Ruffey - Umm.. no.  I don't think Bachmann would make something like that for their Thomas range.  If you really want one just get a SC Ruffey model and a large hammer....
Stepney - I'd personally would love to see Stepney come out, but I'm not seeing so much of a chance for him, unless if maybe Duck and Oliver came out next year. 

ZeldaTheSwordsman

There's a reason this is called a wishlist thread. ;)

The Chaz Storm

I know, just speculating, not meant for discouragement or anything, don't worry. :)

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Thanks. Know what else I wish for? People to comment on my stories. ;) ;D

Hoss

The pop-apart Scruffy would be cool, but little kids would loose the parts, and it would be kinda annoying if I have a rough shunt and Scruffy always falls apart and derails cars.

Wonder if Bachman is going to make Toad?

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Toad would be easy for them, certainly. They have the tooling already, and in Toad's case I can think of no reason for them not to recycle it. Nearly all the other rolling stock is recycled Branchline tooling.

This would be a good way to do pop-apart Scruffey: The sections peg together, like with snap-together kits. There are slide latches that lock the pop-off sections in. To make him come apart, release the latches and then have and engine try to pull him. To keep him intact for running, leave the latches locked. Or maybe have a spring-loaded push-button mechanism to pop him apart.

Hoss

Quote from: ZeldaTheSwordsman on September 01, 2010, 07:53:43 PM

This would be a good way to do pop-apart Scruffey: The sections peg together, like with snap-together kits. There are slide latches that lock the pop-off sections in. To make him come apart, release the latches and then have and engine try to pull him. To keep him intact for running, leave the latches locked. Or maybe have a spring-loaded push-button mechanism to pop him apart.
oh, like a post-war Lionel model. I know that they made a model of a boxcar that when hit with a torpedo, the boxcar would 'explode'

ThomasFan247

Referring back to Chaz's comment to ZTS (take note I'm still stuck with using my phone and I am limited to most things...like quoting :P), Thompsonline's Lady model is quite magnificent. I rented her from him for a few days to do some filming and she is absolutely fantastic! Too bad she's not in my hands anymore... :-\ Once I get a new computer, when ever that will be, I'll upload some test shots.

And do NOT bug Thompsonline to rent out his Lady model. We are close friends and and he let me use her for a reason. Just leave the poor man alone :)

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Believe me, I have no intention of bothering him for his Lady. My own happens to be drawing on completion, and should be motored by the end of next week.

RBMN #425 Fan

Quote from: Hoss on September 01, 2010, 06:50:30 PM
Wonder if Bachman is going to make Toad?
well if they make Oliver it would kinda make sense they would make toad.
BRING BACK THE 425!!!!!
(or 2102. or finish the 113!!!!)

PasqualeCS96

Quote from: ThomasFan247 on September 02, 2010, 10:08:01 PM
Referring back to Chaz's comment to ZTS (take note I'm still stuck with using my phone and I am limited to most things...like quoting :P), Thompsonline's Lady model is quite magnificent. I rented her from him for a few days to do some filming and she is absolutely fantastic! Too bad she's not in my hands anymore... :-\ Once I get a new computer, when ever that will be, I'll upload some test shots.

And do NOT bug Thompsonline to rent out his Lady model. We are close friends and and he let me use her for a reason. Just leave the poor man alone :)
Dont you have a model of Lady? I remember seeing her in one of your youtube videos.

jettrainfan

He said he doesn't. He just took her for a spin on his layout.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

ZeldaTheSwordsman

This would be nice to see made:
Daisy. Daisy would complete the Ffarquhar Branch engine group.
BoCo, to complete the Wellsworth-Brendam branch engine group.

JD417

Quote from: ZeldaTheSwordsman on September 07, 2010, 06:24:05 AM
This would be nice to see made:
Daisy. Daisy would complete the Ffarquhar Branch engine group.
BoCo, to complete the Wellsworth-Brendam branch engine group.
BoCo would be very nice to see and i have seen a lot of comments in numerous places that BoCo should return in CGI

Daisy on the other hand is less likely i still have seen comments to bring her back but not as much as BoCo, and also i know either Bachmann-Branchline or Hornby made Daisy's prototype it looks exactly like her just in darker green and with no face  :P