News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Wishlist thread

Started by Railwaypark, February 27, 2008, 07:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StanierJack

After examining the range, my guess for a good possibility is Hank. And not just because Bachmann have a K4 tooling already.

Hank could use the same base mechanism that Henry, Spencer and Gordon already use. By doing this, it means that Hank could be released quicker than some other models have been, and as such, would make for an easy model for Bachmann to make.

Plus, it would be a nice model to own. :)

Michigan Railfan

Quote from: StanierJack on September 07, 2010, 04:39:57 PM
After examining the range, my guess for a good possibility is Hank. And not just because Bachmann have a K4 tooling already.

Hank could use the same base mechanism that Henry, Spencer and Gordon already use. By doing this, it means that Hank could be released quicker than some other models have been, and as such, would make for an easy model for Bachmann to make.

But there's just one thing about that. Since OO scale is abut larger than HO, and Bachmann needs to make thier trains thr same size as Hornby's, they would need to make a whole new mold. Over all, Bachmann would need to make a whole new mold for Hank, to make the size the same.

StanierJack

Quote from: Blink_182_Fan on September 07, 2010, 05:46:39 PM

But there's just one thing about that. Since OO scale is abut larger than HO, and Bachmann needs to make thier trains thr same size as Hornby's, they would need to make a whole new mold. Over all, Bachmann would need to make a whole new mold for Hank, to make the size the same.

What?

Bachmann can just make a new mould to suite the chassis they already have. I was never talking about using the K4 moulds they already have. :/

And to add, Bachmann make new moulds all the time. You're clearly confused.

Michigan Railfan

Quote from: StanierJack on September 07, 2010, 07:06:51 PM
Quote from: Blink_182_Fan on September 07, 2010, 05:46:39 PM

Oooh, ok, I got what you're saying now. You only meant the chassis, not the molds. I guess I got a little confused.

What?

Bachmann can just make a new mould to suite the chassis they already have. I was never talking about using the K4 moulds they already have. :/

And to add, Bachmann make new moulds all the time. You're clearly confused.

ZeldaTheSwordsman

JD417, both Bachmann and Hornby make Class 101s, that is true. Hornby may well one day retool the old Triang 101 mold for it to have a driver cab on either end of a single car, and slap Daisy's face on it. But a Bachmann Daisy would have to be a new mold, because of both the toy safety laws and the fact that they don't have a less-detailed older tooling to repurpose.

The Chaz Storm

I don't see any reason for Bachmann to make Hank for some good reasons:

1. Not a well known character, was famous for about a year, then completely ignored.  He's not even a background character now. 

2. Only appeared in ONE episode which was his introduction episode.  Never seen or even mentioned again after that.  Characters like Stanley, Rosie, even Whiff are more convincing then Hank is at this point.  Maybe even Hiro...

One other thing I'd like to throw out there, Bachmann is not gonna repaint one of their K4s to make Hank...Bachmann is not like Hornby. :)  He will have new tooling altogether, I can guarantee you that. 

ZeldaTheSwordsman

See also what I keep saying about US toy safety regs for why an existing tooling won't be adapted for anybody. Plus, in Hank's case it would be out of scale. The Bachmann K4s are H0, the Thomas range is 00.

Chaz, Hank's wheels or spares of them do appear in Hero of the Rails in the Sodor Steamworks.

The Chaz Storm

Quote from: ZeldaTheSwordsman on September 08, 2010, 04:48:42 AM

Chaz, Hank's wheels or spares of them do appear in Hero of the Rails in the Sodor Steamworks.

Pffft, that does NOT count as making a noteworthy appearance.  :P

ZeldaTheSwordsman

No, but it is a small cameo. You made it out to be that he was never seen at all after "Heave Ho, Thomas!". ;)

The Chaz Storm

Quote from: ZeldaTheSwordsman on September 08, 2010, 12:12:13 PM
No, but it is a small cameo. You made it out to be that he was never seen at all after "Heave Ho, Thomas!". ;)

Again... That does not count as an appearance or even cameo or anything of the sort made by Hank...  For all we know hit could have put some random spare wheels that coincidently were like Hank's.  If Hank was at the steamworks being repaired that'd be one thing....

PasqualeCS96

BoCo has a better chance than Hank any day and he did not even make it to the end of the classic Thomas series.

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Fine. A small nod to Hank's existence, then.

Yes, Hank was a Hi-then-bye character, and is unlikely to receive a Bachmann model at this time.

I am all for seeing BoCo produced by Bachmann. I would love it. I happen to want a model of him. And we've got Bill and Ben now, so who else will keep Gordon safe? ;)

The Chaz Storm

Quote from: ZeldaTheSwordsman on September 08, 2010, 04:06:05 PM

I am all for seeing BoCo produced by Bachmann. I would love it. I happen to want a model of him. And we've got Bill and Ben now, so who else will keep Gordon safe? ;)

Edward says hi. :P   But I would in all seriousness would love to see Boco make it to the range.  If Bachmann really is aiming to make more season 2 characters then maybe Boco would have a chance after characters like Duck and Diesel are made first.  Daisy would be nice too but maybe that might be pushing it. 

JD417

i just thought of this Daisy may be hard to make because all the windows, and then the ones above her face may show the eye mechanism  :-\

StanierJack

I could see Daisy and BoCo having moulded in windows, painted silver or black, like the current items in the range.