News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Wishlist thread

Started by Railwaypark, February 27, 2008, 07:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZeldaTheSwordsman

What do you mean, "the season two coaches"?  ??? The bogie coaches with the red stripe instead of a green one? Same coach class, different livery. As for those shots from "Cows", same coach class seen in Season 1 (one of the Southern Railway's Maunsell designs), except they were mistakenly assembled without the undercarriage for the filming of that episode. But still the same kit.

PerfectPercy

Quote from: ZeldaTheSwordsman on September 26, 2010, 12:12:12 AM
What do you mean, "the season two coaches"?  ??? The bogie coaches with the red stripe instead of a green one? Same coach class, different livery. As for those shots from "Cows", same coach class seen in Season 1 (one of the Southern Railway's Maunsell designs), except they were mistakenly assembled without the undercarriage for the filming of that episode. But still the same kit.

What? I mean season 2 coaches as in SEASON 2 COACHES... Alright, the pictures have found meaning:

Quote from: PerfectPercy on September 25, 2010, 11:24:29 PM
Quote from: Sparks on September 25, 2010, 10:34:40 PM
All my reasoning for Thomas, Percy and James being revamped is justified here: http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,9227.0.html

Well for Thomas, some of the things have never been noticeable by me, such as the un-smooth running (he runs great for me, maybe he just faults on insulated point frogs). Others are just minor, such as the little details needed to be changed. The front coupler can be easily added by anyone with enough perseverance. But, considering Thomas isn't absolutely perfect... I guess I give in to that...

Quote from: ClearwtaerMK2 on September 25, 2010, 05:18:56 PM

And season 2.

PerfectPercy

Quote from: Sparks on September 26, 2010, 12:34:39 AM
Personally I like how Bachmanns coaches look better than the TV series coaches do

Hmm...

and

It is a close call for me. There is really nothing wrong with Bachmann's Express Coaches nor Season 2's. The cream and red (almost burgundy) seems better compared to the off-white and red.

Quote from: ClearwtaerMK2 on September 25, 2010, 05:18:56 PM
Look at the large scale annie & clarabel models & If snowflakeTH wants thomas redesigned then I'm with him until it happens.

I just did. They look spectacular!

What are the 3 peg-like objects on the back of Annie, though? Never seen 'em on TV.

James The Red Engine

Mine don't have those.  They might be steps. :-\

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Yes. They appear to be steps. Aftermarket additions.

Cheeky_ULP

Those were added on by a modeler for his own project.

Source: http://cs.trains.com/trccs/forums/p/167628/1841662.aspx

Bardock

I would like to make a reasonable wishlist.

Engines:

Duck: Duck is an extremely popular engine, and the majority of people that want another thomas character is duck. plus, he's a major character. or rather was, until the show went to crap.... Read the Railway series.............

Diesel: Diesel is a popular and widely recognized character in the show for many years now. He provides a good antagonist in the show. and having another diesel is nice as well.

Murdoch: Murdoch is sodor's biggest locomotive, not to mention one of the best looking. Be nice to have a big engine like him pulling several cars or coaches. He also completes the Emily Spencer models, considering he was introduced the same time they were.

BoCo: BoCo Would really make the range totally awesome. BoCo would make another EXCELLENT diesel to the thomas range. He's a good looking engine. Many people would really like to have him. He's a major supporting character in the books, as well as the earlier thomas TV show. plus he's my favorite Engine after all. :D

Oliver: Oliver would make the final addition to the orginal core group of characters. He also works with Duck, Donald and Douglas. cant have the 3 D's without him!

Stepney: Stepney was a prominent character in the show. He's a visiting engine like Spencer. like Spencer he's quite popular among fans.

Arthur: Arthur would make another excellent tank engine to even out the tender engines. Plus He'd make another nice red engine. :P

I don't care at all about the new thomas characters, that have been introduced these past few seasons. they're dumb and lack true character. they've only been introduced for marketing purposes and to make the show seem not sexist. even though it never was. Plus, they don't even have a true thomas charm to them. they completely ruin the series. thomas is a British show, and book series about BRITISH ENGINES ON A BRITISH RAILWAY. not about emigration from exotic countries to make the show "politically correct" which is ridiculous. If Bachmann were to make them, don't make them now. make them after the classic characters. more adults, and adolescence collect the actual MODEL THOMAS range. few children do.

Rolling stock:
Red, Tan, or old branch line coaches: these types of coaches were extremely prominent in the show in it's earlier days. and they go with all the tank engines as they used them the most often in the show. they also really would highlight the engines as well.

the Break down train: Not seen so much these day's but every railway needs a breakdown train. It's been seen a lot over the years, many people seem to really want it. It would also need the works coach.

Vans with faces: some troublesome vans to highlight the thomasness more.

China Clay trucks: bill Ben, and BoCo work with these trucks as well as Edward. china clay is one of sodor's primary minerals. It is mentioned and seen a lot.

Small flat wagons: just some small flat goods wagons. to make a good goods train.

salt wagons: same as above.

Chinese dragon: a fun piece to add to a set to give it some character. also a very popular and well known piece of rolling stock.

Christmas tree on flat wagon: seen a few times. be good for the holidays.

pieces of cargo would be nice to add to wagons, like fish, crates, tarps, etc......

Caroline the car, and some railway staff would really even things out a lot too. Mrs. kindley too.

snow plows for thomas, Donald, Douglas, Henry, James, Gordon, and duck: cool accessory they're seen often in the show. Donald and Douglas plow snow all the time.

That's really all the things I could see bachmann making......
derp

JD417

well the take along model of her is almost perfect just need to get rid of the buffers and magnet in the back  :)

JD417

sorry 4 the double post but i would love to see bachmann trevor and butch

Anthony P2

i would love to see the pack. not all in one year but over the corse of a couple years.

The Chaz Storm

Quote from: Sparks on September 28, 2010, 05:02:24 PM
Surprised nobody has suggested a Bachmann Elizabeth yet...

Elizabeth wouldn't look bad at all, I think she'd be a nice addition.  I wouldn't get her though. :P  The only road characters I would get at this point would be Trevor, Bulgy (Red), and George.  The last two sound a bit unlikely... :/  But I think Trevor has an excellent chance of coming out. :)

PerfectPercy

Quote from: Sparks on September 28, 2010, 12:48:17 AM
Those were added on by a modeler for his own project.

Source: http://cs.trains.com/trccs/forums/p/167628/1841662.aspx

Oops. (Gets pulled away by a cane holding his neck) I didn't realize, but then again they weren't ever on the TV models.

Quote from: Bardock on September 28, 2010, 01:22:27 AM
I would like to make a reasonable wishlist.

Engines:

Duck: Duck is an extremely popular engine, and the majority of people that want another thomas character is duck. plus, he's a major character. or rather was, until the show went to crap.... Read the Railway series.............

Diesel: Diesel is a popular and widely recognized character in the show for many years now. He provides a good antagonist in the show. and having another diesel is nice as well.

Murdoch: Murdoch is sodor's biggest locomotive, not to mention one of the best looking. Be nice to have a big engine like him pulling several cars or coaches. He also completes the Emily Spencer models, considering he was introduced the same time they were.

BoCo: BoCo Would really make the range totally awesome. BoCo would make another EXCELLENT diesel to the thomas range. He's a good looking engine. Many people would really like to have him. He's a major supporting character in the books, as well as the earlier thomas TV show. plus he's my favorite Engine after all. :D

Oliver: Oliver would make the final addition to the orginal core group of characters. He also works with Duck, Donald and Douglas. cant have the 3 D's without him!

Stepney: Stepney was a prominent character in the show. He's a visiting engine like Spencer. like Spencer he's quite popular among fans.

Arthur: Arthur would make another excellent tank engine to even out the tender engines. Plus He'd make another nice red engine. :P

I don't care at all about the new thomas characters, that have been introduced these past few seasons. they're dumb and lack true character. they've only been introduced for marketing purposes and to make the show seem not sexist. even though it never was. Plus, they don't even have a true thomas charm to them. they completely ruin the series. thomas is a British show, and book series about BRITISH ENGINES ON A BRITISH RAILWAY. not about emigration from exotic countries to make the show "politically correct" which is ridiculous. If Bachmann were to make them, don't make them now. make them after the classic characters. more adults, and adolescence collect the actual MODEL THOMAS range. few children do.

Rolling stock:
Red, Tan, or old branch line coaches: these types of coaches were extremely prominent in the show in it's earlier days. and they go with all the tank engines as they used them the most often in the show. they also really would highlight the engines as well.

the Break down train: Not seen so much these day's but every railway needs a breakdown train. It's been seen a lot over the years, many people seem to really want it. It would also need the works coach.

Vans with faces: some troublesome vans to highlight the thomasness more.

China Clay trucks: bill Ben, and BoCo work with these trucks as well as Edward. china clay is one of sodor's primary minerals. It is mentioned and seen a lot.

Small flat wagons: just some small flat goods wagons. to make a good goods train.

salt wagons: same as above.

Chinese dragon: a fun piece to add to a set to give it some character. also a very popular and well known piece of rolling stock.

Christmas tree on flat wagon: seen a few times. be good for the holidays.

pieces of cargo would be nice to add to wagons, like fish, crates, tarps, etc......

Caroline the car, and some railway staff would really even things out a lot too. Mrs. kindley too.

snow plows for thomas, Donald, Douglas, Henry, James, Gordon, and duck: cool accessory they're seen often in the show. Donald and Douglas plow snow all the time.

That's really all the things I could see bachmann making......

(No offense, but) HA! "Reasonable"... When I see a reasonable wishlist, even from MYSELF, I will let you know. I haven't seen one "reasonable" wish-list. Now, that's funny.

Quote from: Chaz on September 28, 2010, 07:45:02 PM
Quote from: Sparks on September 28, 2010, 05:02:24 PM
Surprised nobody has suggested a Bachmann Elizabeth yet...

Elizabeth wouldn't look bad at all, I think she'd be a nice addition.  I wouldn't get her though. :P  The only road characters I would get at this point would be Trevor, Bulgy (Red), and George.  The last two sound a bit unlikely... :/  But I think Trevor has an excellent chance of coming out. :)

I don't think people have said much about Elizabeth because of the lack of appearance mixed with lack of episodes, but there are exceptions, such as HIT freaks saying Hank and Murdoch should be made (I'm not opposed I'm just speaking for my cause.)

CJS

I know everyone is putting in their two cents so here's mine:
I would like to see Duck, Oliver, Toad, Stepney, Deisel, the branchline coaches, reproduction of the red express coaches, and a more varied range of freight rolling stock.
My reasons area as follows: Duck, Oliver, Toad, and Diesel wrap up the engines 1-11 and the little group they form with Donald and Douglas. They have all seen considerable amounts of time on the show and are important characters. The branchline coaches, both red and tan, should be made to give some passenger variety to the tank engines, the over all rolling stock, and the fact they they appear quit often. The red coaches should come back because I think they are good coaches seen often. Finally, I think that Bachmann should make more freight cars. There are simply just no types other than the tankers, coal trucks, mail van, a box car,and flat bed. I feel there should be salt cars, multiple "coal cars" minus the coal and maybe with some cargo or tarp coverings, and some more box cars.
Well that's it, so...
Modeling of Sodor:
http://ttte.freeforums.org/

PerfectPercy

Quote from: CJS on September 29, 2010, 07:15:51 PM
Finally, I think that Bachmann should make more freight cars. There are simply just no types other than the tankers, coal trucks, mail van, a box car,and flat bed. I feel there should be salt cars, multiple "coal cars" minus the coal and maybe with some cargo or tarp coverings, and some more box cars.
Well that's it, so...

I have a couple words: the salt van and cattle wagon were made and released (good rolling stock, I say).

There are the Troublesome Trucks and the wagons in general (red, blue, tan). As for more box vans, you could have at it with some fine paint. That would do the trick with the ventilated van. The tarp coverings is a smart idea. They will probably (if at all) be released with a wagon of some sort. I would like to add that some loads for the wagons would be nice.

Anthony P2

bachmann should come out with a pack of loads like what hornby does.