News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Wishlist thread

Started by Railwaypark, February 27, 2008, 07:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michigan Railfan

That's true SmokeyNSteamer, I've already watched some On-Demand.

The Chaz Storm

Quote from: Sparks on April 04, 2009, 01:29:43 PM
But why Donald and Douglas, and not Duck? Well, Duck is already a high seller in the Hornby range.

Very true!  The Thomas modelers can live with the Hornby Duck because it is already a great model as it is.  Though some people such as myself would like to see how Bachmann would do with making a Duck model.  If Bachmann doesn't make a Duck model though, it's not going to kill us, but at the same time leave us curious. :P  Same goes for the Hornby Oliver and some of their other good models.  The Hornby Diesel though..that's another story. :P

But yes Sparks I can see where you are coming from and I strongly agree with you.  It would make sense that they focus on Season 2 characters and maybe stretch out a little here and there with others as well.  (IE Making Spencer, Salty, and Emily) So maybe they could add something along the lines of Arthur, Stanley, and maybe even Oliver (Since they made Mavis).

Plus Donald and Douglas would be great additions to the Thomas and Friends range since Hornby hasn't even made them.  So that would put Bachmann into a great position if they could add the Scottish twins to the range. :) 

jettrainfan

All i seriously want that nobody really mentioned is Henry's log cars.:P That would be fun! ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZL7jR1cRb4             

This is how i got my name and i hope that you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jettrainfan?feature=mhw4
youtube account

ThomasFan247

I would really like to see some old characters from the Bachmann. I think that Duck and Diesel will be the next two engines.  Then probably Stanley and Molly. I say these two because

1. Like Chaz pointed out with Molly, her color, and because she is quit popular.
2. Stanley is very popular. Making his first appearence in TGD, then 2 or 3 in season 12, I think he is going to become a common character.

shining time

the engines i would like to see are

1.Donald
2.Douglas
3.Duck
4.Oliver
5.Toad the brake van
6.Stepney
7.Bill & Ben
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways

panniertankboy8751

I really want to see:

1 Oliver (loco)
2 Duck
3 Stepney
4 Diesel
5 Donald and Douglas
6 Toad
7 Hector
8 Henry(old shape, but then, again as one of you guys already said little kids will just pass it off as the Henry Bachmann already has)
9 A reworked Thomas, James and Percy
10 The old, red, and orange coaches
11 Thomas at Knapford set. Contains a Thomas, Express Coaches (Gordon's or James'), Troublesome Truck 1+2, tar wagon, and break van, oval of track, and Knapford station
12 Thomas, Percy and the Mail set. Contains a DCC equiped Thomas and Percy, four mail cars, two break vans, large oval of track, four switches (two left two right), smaller oval of track, Elsbridge station, Harold and landing pad, and DCC contoler

The Chaz Storm

All right, instead of a wish list, I thought of speculating on who would be coming out next for the next few years for Bachmann to make characters from season 2 (Except for Boco and Daisy since I can't see those two coming out by Bachmann.) 

2010:

Engines:

Duck the Great Western Engine - I still think that this will be the first season 2 character to come out for the same reasons as I have mentioned before.  Plus with how so many people on the forum have asked for a Bachmann Duck and how Bachmann has sticked to requests such as Toby and Edward in the past, I think it's only fair that Duck is next in line.

Arthur - For the sake of adding another more recent character, I can see Arthur coming out along with Duck.  I can honestly picture Bachmann doing an amazing job with Arthur and it being a great addition to their Thomas range.

Rolling Stock:
Old Composite Coach and Old Brake coach (Sold separately) - Seeing as how Bachmann has made a lot of Season 1 rolling stock and continues to do so, I can see these beautiful coaches coming along next.  Would look great with Edward and maybe James.

Quarry Wagon with load - I wouldn't get this model personally, but seeing as it would be appropriate to make a dark blue wagon (Since they made a lighter blue wagon) I can see this wagon coming into the range next with rocks instead of coal.

Buildings and accessories:
Knapford Station - This I would like to see done by Bachmann, but chances are it would come with two platforms with one track in each one of the platforms because I can't see them making the whole Knapford Station just like how they do on the TV series. 

Trevor the Traction Engine - A lot of people had wanted Trevor over Terence (Even if for me personally, I liked it the other way around, not saying I wouldn't like Trevor or anything...).  It seems appropriate though after Terence they make Trevor, so I wouldn't be surprised if Trevor was added at all to the range anytime soon. 

2011:

Engines:
Devious Diesel - About time eh?  Well seeing as how Diesel has also been wanted for a long time it makes sense that he comes around after Duck.  Of course Diesel coming out before Duck would also be nice.  I really think Bachmann would make it a really accurate model and way better than the Hornby one too.  I'm getting sick of the Hornby model honestly. :P

Oliver - Now I know what you're thinking, why Oliver?  The Hornby model is great, and why would he be made so soon?  First off, the Hornby model is freaking awesome. :P  Second off, it makes sense to make Oliver because he is the other Season 3 engine (Not counting Truro) to finish making all the Season 3 characters.  My second reason being it seems appropriate to make him right after Duck and would be a great addition to those who wanted to do a reenactment of Emily's new coaches or Toad Stands By who can't afford buying engines overseas.

Rolling Stock:
Toad the Brake Van - Seems fair to add him along with Oliver, I can imagine Toad turning out really nicely by Bachmann. 

Goods wagon - Mail van repainted with four wheels instead of eight wheels and painted brown.  Seems pretty basic from there.

Bulgy the Double-decker Bus - Now all of Season 3 characters are done.  Two birds killed with one stone it seems...  Bulgy I think would look awesome by Bachmann, of course if they decided to let Bulgy be kept red instead of green. 

Level crossing - This I can picture coming out at around this time, seems like a good addition to the range. 

Iron Arry and Iron Bert - Arry and Bert would look great right after Diesel, just a few modifications and new paintwork and you got yourself some nice Arry and Bert models.  Similar to what Lionel has done but sold separately.  So now you've really got your Class 08 gang.

Donald and Douglas - Finally. :P  As Sparks has mentioned before this is two engines, but really it is one engine with some short modifications added onto it.  I can imagine these being sold separately though for obvious reasons. :P

Rolling stock:
Brakedown Train - Now I know some of you guys are thinking why this instead of Rocky or Harvey.  Well, for starters a lot of people have been demanding for the brakedown train to be made by Bachmann so I think the brakedown train will make a great addition to the range. 

Works Coach - Fits in well with the Brakedown train, but I can't picture the two of them being sold together. 

NW Brake van - Seems appropriate to go along with Donald and Douglas, heck all you gotta do is get a brake van and add a face to it.  Easy! 

Buildings and Accessories - N/A  We got four engines (Two pairs that is) and three rolling stock models one of which would be difficult to make, think that's more than enough. :P

Bill and Ben - Bill and Ben aren't usually mentioned or wanted as much as Donald and Douglas are so I sort of have my doubts on this one...  At the same time though I would love Bachmann to make Bill and Ben mainly because the Hornby ones are out of scale (Not happy here :P ).  Second off if making all of the Season 2 characters is what Bachmann is aiming for then well, I guess these two have a higher chance of being made then Boco and Daisy. 

Stanley - The Great Discovery was a huge success, it is hard for Bachmann not to make Stanley if seeing how much he has done in the movie and in Season 12.  I can imagine Stanley being made by Bachmann at around this time.   

Rolling stock:

Branch Line coaches (Red) Brake and composite - About time these were mentioned onto this right? :P  These would look great if Bachmann added them to the range, I can picture them selling well. :) 

Flat Car with Logs - I personally would have prefered Bachmann adding logs as a load instead of paint cans, but regardless of that.  A flat car with logs seems logical to be added onto the Thomas range at this point. 

Sir Topham Hatt's house - A decent little house for fans to enjoy on their layout, and I can see that coming along with proper HO scale figures of Sir Topham Hatt and Lady Hatt.

Branch Line sheds (3 stalls) - I know what some of you are thinking, we already have the Bachmann Tidmouth sheds, why would we want this?  Well these sheds would be based off the ones used in Season 2 (The one's where you would find Thomas, Percy and Toby). 

-------

Quite a lot wouldn't you say?  Well let's hope some (if not all) gets considered.  And as Sparks said too, suggestions for improvements on the Thomas, Percy, James, and some of the rolling stock models would be really nice as well.  But if not the models being improved...then hopefully we are on the road to seeing characters from Season 2.

panniertankboy8751

Well i guess i'll show you my list of who might come out next

Steamers for 2009-2014:

Duck- Super likely. My guess is he's the most wanted model in 2009, as you guys have already said

Donald and Douglas- very probably. They are two that i would really like to see, but seeing as the only appeared once this season, and only for a brief period of time i'm not having high hopes :(

Rosie- Likely. Would be a good addition to the collection. In fact i've already come up with a train set for her to come in.

Oliver- probably. Again, another fine addition, and a good engine to put in a train set. Still, not high hopes. and thats bad cuz oliver is my fav engine.

Stepney- likely. Once more, a fine addition. It would be nice to see a famous engine added on to the collection

Diesels for 2009-2014:

Diesel- Super Totally Likely. Gosh, Diesel sure has become popular scince I was a kid. He is probably more wanted than Duck. Lets just hope bachmann doesn't mess up the chassies like hornby did.

Diesel 10- Not Likely. Kids will not know who the heck he is and will not buy him.

Arry 'n' Bert- Maybe. They have taken on bigger and bigger roles scince their apperance in "Stepney Gets Lost".

Dogde 'n' Splatter- Give your hopes up. They haven't been seen scince "Thomas and the Magic Railroad"

Rolling Stock for 2009-2014:

The Red, Old and Orange coaches- Maybe. They would look so fluffin' awsome with Edward

Fred the coal truck- No. He was only a minor character in a long line of forgoten wooden trains.

Rickity- No. Read the one above

jettrainfan

Engines i wanna see:
1.daisy(i like her and that is my dog's name :o)
2.stepheny,
3.goods shed(was in many season 2-3 season episodes.),
4.Bill&Ben,
5.Donald&Douglas
6.Bluebell
7.Duck
8.Diesel
9.Oliver and Toad
10.old goods wagons(ones that have no faces/painted)
11.Henry's log cars
Out of my list i see bachmann making these...

1.Daisy
2.Bill&Ben
3.Donald&Douglas
4.Duck
5.Oliver&toad
6.Diesel

I think you could tell the differences. :)

youtube account

shining time

the one i would like to see!
1.oliver/toad
2.duck
3.donald/douglas
4.bill/ben
5.red/old/green coaches
6.old goods wagons(as in the flying kipper)
7.flat car with logs
8.quarry car with load
9. desial/arry/burt
10.stepney
11.breakdown train & coach
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

James The Red Engine

At one time, Fred and Rickety were to be released, but were canceled.

jettrainfan

Quote from: James The Red Engine on June 22, 2009, 10:34:30 PM
At one time, Fred and Rickety were to be released, but were canceled.

Well rickety was close to the period when bachmann started the Thomas fleet, So i could see where they got the idea for him...

youtube account

shining time

i think your right about that so bachmann shoud make  rickety

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

jettrainfan

Quote from: shining time on June 23, 2009, 12:42:30 PM
i think your right about that so bachmann shoud make  rickety

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I doubt. You know how we do research? Most don't. most Thomas fans are 2-6...2003 you figure? They might not go for it. :( Well,you,me and others might but really it is a bit too late. I'm not Mr. Bachmann and I don't control these things.

youtube account

shining time

that is true thought it is an idea though :) :) :) :)