News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

OLD EMD SOMETHING

Started by CG04, October 07, 2008, 08:33:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CG04

Hello "N" scale modelers,

I have an old EMD ?? (Union Pacific).  I gave it to my daughter (really for me) about 40 years ago.  It was a set bought from Montgomery Ward.
The bottom of the engine reads:

Lonestar
Treble O Lectric
EL 62
British and Foreign Pat.

The rubber bands that make the engine move are shot.
My question is, are these rubber bands replaceable, and if so, where does a person find them ???

Any help will be much appreciated.

Clif

Conrail Quality

It's supposedly an EMD F7, although it's not a very accurate model. This was one of the first (the first?) N-scale North American locomotives produced. Keep in mind though, that these were really intended just as toys. Don't expect it to measure up to more modern locomotives. On the other hand, it is considered to be a collectors item nowadays...

As for the rubber bands, I've heard that others have had success in using orthodontic rubber bands; the ones dentists use for retainers and such.

Timothy
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

CG04

Thanks Conrail Quality.

I will give it a shot.
Another modeler suggested O rings and another suggested replacement traction tires from HO scale locos.  Looks like I have some possibilities.

Clif

Railhead

Hi CG04,
    Check this site out when you get a chance....

http://members.aol.com/dgosha/TrebleO.html

A good railroad friend (Doug Gosha) has this site that covers A1G (Atlas 1st Generation) as well as Treble O. He might have the info needed for replace bands for your engine.

CG04

Thanks Railhead,

I actually just found this site last night.

Clif