News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Several Questions!

Started by Guilford Guy, October 23, 2007, 03:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guilford Guy

Will Bachmann continue the Williams Legacy of MANY roadnames per model?
Williams usually produces many roadnames per product. Judging by other scales only several roadnames are often branded on equipment? If/When Bachmann is to create a new model, will  they continue to put many roadnames similar to what Williams did, or gradually slow down into what would be a fraction of the number Williams used...

Next...
Will there be something similar to a Standard and Spectrum line of models?
Is it possible there might be 2 Rail models offered in the future.
Is it possible there will be spectrum buildings if you guys do decide to go  2 rail?
Could you bring back the 72' streamliners?
Thanks!
Congratulations on the acquisition. I have to say Williams has done a magnificent job and am sure you guys can continue.
Alex

the Bach-man

Dear GG,
All these quesions and more are currently being discussed in-house. For the time being, however, things will remain basically the same.
Updates here, of course, as decisions and/ or announcements are made.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Conrail Quality

I don't think this question qualifies for a seperate post, so I'll ask it here: What does Bachmann plan to do with the Williams website? Will it remain, or will the information be integrated into the Bachmann website?
Thanks!
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

the Bach-man

Dear CC,
This is another decision yet to be finalized. All this should sort itself ut over the next few weeks.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

PARAWULF

Quote from: Guilford Guy on October 23, 2007, 03:26:09 PM

There were 72' streamliners in this years catalogue, 16 roads I believe. ;)

Guilford Guy

Quote from: PARAWULF on November 05, 2007, 01:16:35 PM
Quote from: Guilford Guy on October 23, 2007, 03:26:09 PM

There were 72' streamliners in this years catalogue, 16 roads I believe. ;)
Hmm, I've been checking their website regularly for thee past few months and it hasn't shown up.
Alex

PARAWULF

Yeah, they weren't on  the website, just like the Budd rail cars.
But, I promise they were in the catalogue. :)

jsmvmd

Dear Mr. B,

Will the Columbia, MD facility be open for tours or a visit to see their neat stuff?  I had not been there, but want to take a "choo choo" trip with my sons.

Thank you and best wishes,

Hazel

P.S.  Do you have any plans to be in Pittsburgh for any train shows?

the Bach-man

Dear Hazel,
My understanding is that all inventory has or will soon be moved to Philadelphia. Any tours of the empty building would be at the discretion of the
building owners.
Have fun!
the Bach-man
PS No Pittsburgh shows are in my immediate future...

OGReditor

I just want to congratulate Bachmann on their acquisition of the Williams line of O gauge trains.  I've been a big fan (and consumer) of Williams products for many years, and have greatly appreciated their quality, variety, reliability, and affordability. 

Personally, I would like to see Bachmann continue the Williams product line as it has been for some years--at least for the near future--and trust that at some point we'll see complete starter sets in the "Williams by Bachmann" line.  That, in my opinion, would benefit both Bachmann, with its extensive market reach, and increase public recognition of the Williams line of fine products and O gauge railroading in general.

I look forward to seeing some great things happen as Bachmann assumes custody of a brand that has gained much favor by those in the hobby who desire and appreciate the simplicity and reliability that has long been a part of the Williams tradition.  I can certainly see more of my own hobby dollars going to Bachmann in the future since I'm also actively involved in On30--another favorite of mine.

Happy railroading!

Allan Miller
Editor-in-Chief
O Gauge Railroading magazine

jsmvmd

Dear Allan,

Yours is a very perceptive comment regarding starter sets.  I started with several starter sets over the years in HO, O gauge and LS which have only whetted my appetite.  The allure of a starter set is real, esp at Christmas time, don't you think?

A peaceful  and blessed Thanksgiving to All!

Best Wishes,

Jack

OGReditor

Jack:

Well, I figure that since Bachmann offers complete starter sets in N, HO, On30, and Large Scale, there's no reason to believe that they won't also offer them in O gauge.  After all, the needed components--trains, track, and transformer--were/are, I believe, all available in the Williams line.  It shouldn't take a whole lot to come up with some attractive offerings and appropriate packaging (I'm a big proponent of cube-shaped boxes rather than those slim rectangular ones, although I do understand the purpose for the latter).

We'll just have to see what Bachmann comes up with over time.  I wouldn't expect--or want--them to rush into anything, least of all expanding into unchartered territory, until they have a good idea of what direction they want to go.  I'm confident they'll find and follow the right course in the future.

cpkoltz2002

I just came up with a thought.I see that Bachmann's HO and N scale offerings can be ordered online.Would you think of doing the same with the Williams line?