News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Throwing multiple switches

Started by PHENICUS, March 08, 2008, 02:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHENICUS

I have an E-Z Track LH Crossover and I want to wire it to throw both sides with the operation of one (electrical) switch. I also want to be able to throw 2-3 (track) switches simultaniously with one (electrical) switch.

Is there an electrical switch available that you can plug two (or more) of the little black plugs, from the green wires, into to operate them simultaniously? Or better yet, is there a "Y" adapter for the green wire to splice it and only have to run one wire from the "Y" back to the control/switch panel? Or do I have a lot of splicing ahead of me?

Running Bear

I just set mine up to trip in pairs from sets of toggle switches joined into a central DPDT for that part of the layout.
Running Bear

r.cprmier

Simplicity in electrical systems is a great thing.  KCS has the right idea.

Rich 
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

rogertra

Only model railroaders "throw" switches, I guess because they're light weight and not that expensive.

Real railroaders "line" switches because they're really way too heavy to throw and cost thousands of dollars to build.  :)

Jhanecker2

You could use the switches  made by Atlas  for turnout control . They can be purchased seperately , and are made to accept bare wire .  When wiring these switches , I would suggest checking  their function before either crimping or soldering the wires into a terminal and fastening under the screw. Your other option would be to use a terminal block to seperate and combine the leads  and use one  spliced connector to feed one switch.