DOES AIRWIRE WORK WITH THE FACTORY K 27 BOARD

Started by trea916, March 10, 2008, 07:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trea916

HAS ANYONE GOT THE THE FACTORY CIRCUT BOARD TO WORK  WITH AIRWIRE

AND A P5

"Trainman"

When I first connected my AirWire board I used the most basic setup just to see how it would work. I connected the motor output to the battery terminals on the Bachmann board. I used a generic sound file for the P5 that used the AirWire speed control for its input. It worked ok but not to my satisfaction. That is when I tore into the wiring and changed everthing to suit my demands which is total control of all fuctions and sounds through the AirWire remote unit.

"Trainman"

mudhen

Quote from: trea916 on March 10, 2008, 07:57:03 PM
HAS ANYONE GOT THE THE FACTORY CIRCUT BOARD TO WORK  WITH AIRWIRE

AND A P5

I am under the conclusion the the factory board is tossed out and the air wire board snaps in to replace it and the p5 plugs into the air wire board   ( MUDHEN )

Greg Elmassian

I would advise reading more of the posts here and on other forums. There are extensive threads on the K27 electronics.

1. The stock boards do NOT snap in or out.
2. There are locations on the stock board in the tender where you COULD solder in screw terminal strips.
3. #2 above may not be sufficient for the conversion you want.
4. Nothing snaps back in, but there are some decoder boards that do plug in.
5. Yes, (some) DCC sound decoders will plug into the tender board, and at least two will work.

To answer your question on the subject line:

1. You could leave the factory board in the tender, solder in screw terminals, and use an AirWire receiver, and it will "work".
2. You could plug in a QSI decoder to the socket, add the Gwwire receiver, and then an AirWire transmitter will control the locomotive, thus "airwire will work with the factory board".

Hope this helps,

Greg
Visit my site: lots of tips and techniques: http://www.elmassian.com

Superheater

Guy's

He is talking about the dummy plug when he says 'factory board.'

That does snap out.  A RSC radio control or a QSI solutions card will snap in after you snap out the dummy plug but I do'nt think the Airwire will.

John Fitch