Bachmann Spectrum unlettered 2-10-0: where does bell go on loco?

Started by lou63, February 24, 2007, 09:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lou63

I am having trouble putting a bell on my spectrum 2-10-0. it runs very well but can not figure out what face plate and bell to use on it. if i use the plate that has the two holes for headlight i can not use either bell. but if i use the plate thta has hole on top for the bell with slanted base i cna not use a headlight. what do i do? Bachmann needs to do better on their instruction sheets. either the diagrams are wya too small to make out whata  part is or it does not show exactly how to place them. worse comes to worse i just won't install a bell on my 2-10-0 and stick with a company that at least drills holes where they should go for steam loco details.

the Bach-man

Dear Lou,
The painted, unlettered version come with enough parts to allow you to detail your model for a specific prototype. Even on a given railroad it was often hard to find two Russians exactly alike. If we drilled a hole everywhere something could be placed the loco would look more Swiss than Russian... as in cheese!
Find a picture of a loco you want to duplicte, or decide where you'd like the bell, and drill away!
Have fun!
the Bach-man

martin_lumber

Here's the scoup-

I had the problem on the old forum. Where do you put the bell, and where does the doghouse go? There are no holes for either!?

What I found out is that you have to put the holes in yourself. On the faceplate, there is a indentation on the top. Take a X-Acto knife, and cut it out. That is where the bell goes. If you want the other bell, you'll have to take off the shell, and punch a hole through.

If you want the doghouse, you'll have to take the tender shell off, and punch the holes in (They are indented also).

I agree, that Bachmann should include a special sheet for the Undec engine, and where to put the bells, ect in.

Hope this helps. It is a good engine.

Phil