Three (3) more on the auction block

Started by engineerkyle, March 13, 2008, 05:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul M.

They look good! How much do you expect them to sell for?

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

Santa Fe buff

I'm not mean like some other people, I've never met one, but is selling them for one dollar, it's posted on ebay. There's your answer,
$0.99.
- Joshua Bauer

engineerkyle

Quote from: Paul M. on March 13, 2008, 07:36:43 PM

ooh what a question... The end of the auction always seems to have some surprises. A few times the price of a model (that was not really a favorite of mine) really skyrocketed. I was only disappointed twice. I've sold 32 items and counting.

PM me if interested.

I would like to poll the group regarded how personal I should build my structures that I intend to offer. What I mean is this. Should I leave off all the signs that put the piece in a particular time or place, letting the winning bidder finish it off? I didn't used to. I almost can't leave the final details off. Thats the fun part, and yet, a customer made that very suggestion.

Advice?

fieromike

Quote from: engineerkyle on March 13, 2008, 09:16:16 PM
Quote from: Paul M. on March 13, 2008, 07:36:43 PM

ooh what a question... The end of the auction always seems to have some surprises. A few times the price of a model (that was not really a favorite of mine) really skyrocketed. I was only disappointed twice. I've sold 32 items and counting.

PM me if interested.

I would like to poll the group regarded how personal I should build my structures that I intend to offer. What I mean is this. Should I leave off all the signs that put the piece in a particular time or place, letting the winning bidder finish it off? I didn't used to. I almost can't leave the final details off. Thats the fun part, and yet, a customer made that very suggestion.

Advice?
How about as an option for the winning bidder?

engineerkyle

ooh ooh... leave it plain, winning bidder gets free signage/details of his design/choice that come separate with a little tube of glue. That would be a lot more fussin' on my part. Hmmmm ?

semi-commission?

Will it lose value as I don't get to add the gestalt?

or.. you buy a nice painting, Winslow Homer doesn't tell you where to hang it!

I'll see how the next two weeks go. Big post-Easter auction.

WoundedBear

Build 'em like you want to. Offering custom signage is only going to make your life miserable.

Sid

engineerkyle

Quote from: WoundedBear on March 13, 2008, 11:18:49 PM
Build 'em like you want to. Offering custom signage is only going to make your life miserable.

Sid

Agreed

Yampa Bob

EK
I don't know if this is up your alley, but I'm looking for custom buildings for my  ranch layout.  Say like the Ponderosa setup, with bunkhouses and stables.  I'm drawing up plans, but not quite sure where it's going yet.

Bob
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

engineerkyle

Guilford Guy

Do you scratch-build off plans? Or kitbash? or freelance? I need several scratchbuilt stations...
Alex

Paul M.

Quote from: engineerkyle on March 14, 2008, 05:31:19 PM
I can do that, Bob.  PM me....

I think Private Message ( PM ) is broken....

Email would work.

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

Beatthe9ers

Kyle, those are beautiful.  I just spent some time looking at the other items you have sold and I am very impressed.  Really fantastic.  I've also added you to my 'favorite sellers' list in ebay so I can keep track of anything new you put out there.

Parker

SteamGene

How about a red brick military school?
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

engineerkyle

Thanks Parker, those are mighty kind words...

Quote from: Paul M. on March 14, 2008, 07:26:02 PM
Quote from: engineerkyle on March 14, 2008, 05:31:19 PM
I can do that, Bob.  PM me....

I think Private Message ( PM ) is broken....

Email would work.

Try this Bob,

Engineerkyle@yahoo.com

I only have one station available right now Guilford Guy, and here is the only shot I could find of it;

I freelance, but sometimes scratch-build from sketches and/or photos, and kitbash, too. I'll also do a "Stock" kit.

Gene, I can do a school...

Please email me at the above addy with some specifics, size, sketches and photos,  signage and other details and I'll shoot you back a drawing of my interpretation of your project with a quote. If you agree, I'll take a payment of 1/3 up front.... another 1/3 when it's roughed in and the final payment apon completion. Once that is received, I'll sign and date the piece, take a couple of photos of it for the Internet, and ship it priority mail.