News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ Track #5 LH Turnout

Started by James Thomas, March 14, 2008, 07:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Thomas

Just bought a #5 LH Turnout for the railroad.  Not an easy task putting the #5 in and getting everything to fit again; but I did it.
1.  Bachmann On30 2-8-0 won't run thru it without tender derailing.   Discovered that the fixed rail just past the pivoting rail was considerably higher than the pivoting rail.  Took a bit of filing, but finally got things working fine.

2.  Bachmann On30 Forney won't run thru turnout without stalling.  (I have a number of other #5 turnouts that cause no problems -- stalling or derailing.)

Any ideas why the Forney stalls on this turnout and not the others?
I run regular DC with an MRC Control Master 20.
There is a wire underneath with a little railjoiner-like plug on it; but I don't see where it plugs in-- no info on the package.  I assume this plug would power the frog?  Would that solve my stalling problem?

I would appreciate some input before I take the track apart again.

Thanks. 

Jhanecker2

Hi !  I saw your Question on HO .  If you have a metal frog on your #5 LH turnout  there is a Hole next to the Switch machine   on the underside  of the turnout that will accept your plug . The info is printed on the back of the card your turnout was purchased on.  Good Luck.