News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HO EZ Track LH #5 Tunout

Started by James Thomas, March 15, 2008, 10:41:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Thomas

I posted this question on the On30 board, but received no replies.  My On30 Forney stalls when going thru this turnout.  (I have seven other #5's that don't cause stalling.)  My 2-8-0 runs thru fine; so does the Shay.

What is the black wire for that is taped underneath the turnout?  It has a rail-joiner-looking plug on it.  Can't see any place to plug it in.  Does it power the frog?  Help.

Thanks.

Yampa Bob

I'd like to have a dollar for every EZ turnout problem we see here LOL

On the one turnout that stalls, is the loco traveling with the points or against the points, running straight or on the curved leg? Are the rail joiners tight, making contact?  More information would help a lot.

I have no experience with the EZ #5, only the standard remote. I assume the 5 has a "powered" frog.  If the Forney has only 4 wheel pickup, the wheelbase is still long enough that it should reach across the short space of the frog, verified by the fact that it doesn't "stall" on the other turnouts.  At this point I would suspect an open circuit in the joiners.

Bob
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

James Thomas

Thanks for the reply.  The loco stalls both ways.  The frog is not powered as delivered -- but there is a plug underneath to "polarize" it for running a small locomotive.  Unfortunately, I can't see anywhere to "plug it in."

I do appear to have good rail joiner connections.
Thanks.

Jhanecker2

If your #5 LH has a wire it also has a metal frog . The wire plugs into a hole  next to the switch machine .  If you have retained  the card your switch was mounted to when you purchased it there is a picture and printed instructions. This info is on the back of all  #5 remote switches.  Good Luck .