News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

3RD CLASS PASSENGERS

Started by DTRAINS, February 25, 2007, 09:27:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DTRAINS

A call for 3rd class passengers.Iwould love to see a manufacturer make cheep unpainted low detailed passenger figures,about $1-$2 a figure.Maybe about 10-12 diferent figures.1:22 and 1:29 scales.I think you can buy unpainted figures in HO and N scale for a fair price,but not G scale.I would love to fill my passenger cars with a lot of figures,but the price to do so is just to high.It would be nice to see Bachmann to make these figures to fit there cars.Maybe someday we will see these figures,as I think there is a real need for them.
Thanks,David

CCSII

One could even cast doubles to fill a seat with a single casting of two folks.

Great suggestion. (Yours, not mine :))

Jim Banner

This sounds like a great opportunity for a cottage industry.  With rubber moulds and casting resins, one could quickly be in business.  The hardest part would be the originals, but like you say, they would not have to be highly detailled.
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Loco Bill Canelos

Great Idea David!!

At $5 or 6 bucks per figure it is very expensive to fill a passenger car,  It is even worse whan you have to cut these expensive figures up just to get them to fit in a seat!!! :(
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

vic

John Allens solution was to use 2D profile cutouts of figures glued to the seats, use can also sculpt your own figures using Sculpty clay and once baked, paint them. Thats by far the cheapest way to go.

Loco Bill Canelos

Vic, You are right about the Sculpty figures, they are definitly cheap to make.  My problem is that I have absolutely no knack for making them.  One of my club   members who has a little talent compared to me, has made a whole set of custom circus figures that look really great!!!
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

DTRAINS

Mr Bach-Man any chance we cuold ever see Bachmann make some of these figures?I think they would sell well,I could use about 100 of them.It would take me about 100 years to sculpt that many.
Thanks,David