News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

What tender goes where?

Started by VTBob, March 18, 2008, 10:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VTBob

I know this has been asked before here, but I can't seem to find it tonight with my tired brain with the search command.....

What Bachmann tenders, either DCC or not are interchangible with what locomotive? Can anyone provide a list here please?

Thanks y'all

Bob
R. Montanye
Montanye Models, St. Albans, Vermont

the Bach-man

Dear Zytx,
Do you mean prototypically or electrically? If the former, it depends upon the railroad you model; if the latter, keeping the board with its own locomotive is a sure bet
Have fun!
the Bach-man

VTBob

electrically please. Not too concerned about prototypical arrangements as I can kitbash around if need be. But a list of what works with what would be really helpful.

Thanks,
Bob
R. Montanye
Montanye Models, St. Albans, Vermont

the Bach-man

Dear Zytx,
As I said, the only sure way is to keep the original board with the loco, and place it in the new tender.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

rogertra

Quote from: the Bach-man on March 23, 2008, 08:34:52 PM
Dear Zytx,
As I said, the only sure way is to keep the original board with the loco, and place it in the new tender.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Some people don't listen or read.  We've been saying this for ever. 

Repeat after me.  "Keep the original board with the locomotive."

r.cprmier

I go with Roger's and Johann's words; or join the hardy ranks of guys (like me) who toss the board, and hard-wire everything pertinent to what you want.  THEN you will have it all!!
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Yampa Bob

Be gentle guys.  He said he hadn't read it before.  I know we keep repeating it, but new members are always coming in.   

I recently put a board from a GE 70 Ton goat into an older DC locomotive a friend gave me and it worked fine. I'm not encouraging everyone to do this, but in this case there was nothing to lose.

Bob
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.