Main Menu

DCC Uncoupling

Started by hgcHO, March 20, 2008, 09:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hgcHO

Has any one tried this DCC Uncoupling?

Does any one have knowledge of this:

"http://www.dccuncoupling.com/"

works with the new E-Z Command and/or Dynamis® system?   Mr Bachman?

This appears very interesting and powerful from the sense of being able to drop a car where-ever.

HGC

grumpy

Jim Banner

Digitrax TF-4 decoder (used in the double ended uncoupling car) and most likely the TL-1 (used in the single ended uncoupling car) do not accept operational mode programming.  They would, therefore, not work with the E-Z Command.  The Dynamis has a much wider range of programming capabilities and presumably can program these decoders.

Personally, I question the usefulness of being able to uncouple at only one place in a train.  A bamboo skewer will let you break a train at any point, any place on the layout and costs a whole lot less.
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Stephen D. Richards

Very interesting!  However, I do agree with Jim.....I would end up upgrading all my rolling stock and spending the next ten years paying of the loan!  lol  Stephen

Atlantic Central

I saw this back when it was in MR, and just laughed. Unless you had it on every car?, it is just a novelty, not something usefull to (yes I'm going to use that phrase) a serious modeler.

Are there enough decoder addresses for all 500 of my freight cars, all 150 of my locos and my 100 plus turnouts? Maybe, but I'm not Bill Gates so I will stick to my DC radio control system and design my layout so all switching can be done as Jim suggests.

$35,000 to convert my 500 car fleet, I have never even paid that much for one new real automobile.

Just because something can be done, does not make it a good idea.

But what do I know, I'm just a hick with a pickup truck and a gun.

Sheldon