News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Reprogramming

Started by keystone, March 19, 2008, 03:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keystone

Depending on the Decoder, I read that certain whistle bell and other sounds can be changed. Or reprogrammed. What is required to do this ?
Computer, USB cable, track, software. I want to get my feet wet and have no idea what I need.             Thanks

keystone

Can't believe that someone does not have at least an inkling of what is necessary. Not a single reply ?? Has this been discussed before ? :(

Guilford Guy

Most sound decoders can be changed on the Programming track. Loksound decoders can have sounds uploaded to them off your computer.
Alex

BigBob1

To Keystone:

Your question is not an easy one to answer-- it all depends on the decoder you're using. Some decoders give you a choice of whistles/horns & some don't. The spec sheet or Manual for your particular decoder should spell this out-- they don't all use the same CV for choosing whistles or horns. This should be available to download from the Manufacturer. Any DCC controller should be able to change the CV value which is all it entails. To do it thru analog mode means getting it into programming mode or whatever they call it & then following the steps. It's a bit tedious but you normally only do this once & then it's set. I hope this helps!

Bob Battles