News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

How to change starting direction?

Started by Gene P., February 25, 2007, 10:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gene P.

Hello! I have a locmotive that I changed the stock light board on and replaced it with an Atlas DCC board. When ever I start the engine it runs in reverse. I switched the leads on the DCC board, but it still starts in the same direction. Is there a way to re-program the board? Thanks in advance. ???
Twin Forks R.R.

Nathan

Gene,

Which DCC system are you using?  This will help us determin the best way to look at the problem and how to solve it.

Nathan

RAM

I have the same problem with one of my locomotives with an tlas system.

RAM

I was just reading another post and found the answer.  ) Very Important: The loco will run backwards. To correct this program CV 29 to a value of 7.

Gene P.

Twin Forks R.R.

Nathan

Gene,

Try what RAM did and change CV 29, I do not use MRC DCC systems so if any MRC users are avaliable, could they check in on this one.

On my NCE system you can both check what a CV has set and change it.  It also has a 'normal' and 'reverse' that also changes this same CV.

Nathan

Quique

Hello, Gene P.

Change CV 29 to a value of 3.
Quique

Gene P.

Thanks for the replies. I changed the value of CV#29, first to 7(as suggested) than to 3(as suggested). Now she just sits there, reverse light a glow. Any other thoughts? ???
Twin Forks R.R.

Quique

Gene:

Go to your operational manual page 2-8, there is a table that tells you that if you are using a short address you change CV 29 to a value of 3, or if you are using a long address you change CV 29 to a value of 35.

Quique
Quique

Gene P.

Quique, that did it!! Thank you very much!
Twin Forks R.R.