News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Any new On30 announcements at iHobby?

Started by Hamish K, October 16, 2009, 07:05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hamish K

Dear Bach Man

Are there likely to be any announcements of new On30 items at iHobby? I am not asking you to reveal what they might be, I simply want to know if I should be anticipating.

I realise that these days the main time for On30 product announcements is the NMRA convention and I would not expect a brand new locomotive or other major item, given the NMRA announcements of the 2-6-6-2 and Sandy River caboose, however will anything at all, such as new versions of existing items, be announced?

Hamish

the Bach-man

Dear Hamish,
I'm not sure, but I am sure that we're working on several things, so at least some gentle anticipation is in order...
Best regards,
the Bach-man

ebtnut

FWIW, I see that Micro-Mark is now advertising the 4-6-0's with sound, so they should be arriving soon.

the Bach-man

Dear All,
I'm here at iHobby, and we are basically displaying the items that we announced in Hartford. Remember, that doesn't mean there's nothing new in the works- just that the new items will not be announced until closer to their release.
The 2-6-6-2s are arriving, as and the side door cabeese should be here soon as well.
I believe the sound ten wheelers will be Spring arrivals.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Hamish K

Dear Bach-man

Thanks for the reply, I wasn't really expecting anything at this stage.

Have you had a chanve to check the length of the new side door caboose yet?

Hamish

the Bach-man

Dear Hamish,
The caboose is 6.5" over end beams, 7" over couplers.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Hamish K

Dear bach-man

Thanks for the information - I am looking forward to it

Hamish

LurchBird

Hamish,
did you see my video of the 2-6-6-2 and caboose? I didn't get too much of the caboose, but it is REALLLLLLY nice looking!

BTW, Mr. Bach-man, I didn't get a chance to speak with Mr. Riley (as mentioned earlier, my kids were toast after 3 hours spent at the show). Please tell him that we're looking for a 2-6-2T, like a Baldwin Bulldog or Puffing Billy. Also, I think if you made a White Pass diesel, you'd not only have WP&Y versions, US Gypsum, and South American (I can't remember off of the top of my head), but many people would use the mechanism for scratch building.

Mark

vic

Something like one of these would be nice too

;D

Tomcat

Oh yes, would be a nice model to be build. But wasn´t this Standard Gauge? ??? ??? ???
I do remember that there was a drawing in the Narrow Gauge Gazette a while ago...

Cheers, Tom