News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

ECLSTS

Started by altterrain, March 31, 2008, 12:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

altterrain

It was a fun time at this year's East Coast Large Scale Train Show. There were quite a few of the the new, big and beautiful K-27s out and running. A couple of the K's were equipped with the new RCS plug-n-play RC system that ran flawlessly. It was nice to meet the "Bach Man" in person. We chatted about the new Dogfish Head IPA reefer that is tan and brown to compliment the green one. I know I'll be out looking for one soon.

-Brian
President of

msenter

Great Show with Large Scale everywhere my wife and I looked. Highly recommend this show to everyone. York is a user frendly town, plenty of choices for food. Visited the Bachmann booth and as always  the "Bach Man" was informative and helpful. Looking forward to next year and will bring some of the grandkids. We will need larger transportation to carry everything we buy.
Marvin & Elaine

Paul W.

Brian,
Did you have a railtruck in the model contest? If so, very nice job! I was told by a friend that it was yours, but he didn't see you at the time to introduce us.
Happy Steamin'

Paul

altterrain

Hi Paul,

Thanks much. I had three models in the contest, the 7/8's rail truck, the boxcab and the station -

-Brian

President of

Paul W.

Brian,
nice job on them all! Do you have a garden RR in 7/8ths? My wife and I saw one during open house month last year in Del. This hobby never stops amazing me on how much you can do with an imagination and a supply of donor parts.
Congrats on your placings!
Happy Steamin'

Paul

altterrain

Thanks Paul. No 7/8's line yet but there will be soon. My main railway is for the 1:22.5-29 trains. I have a bunch of used (and a bit new) brass track (about 150 feet or so). I'll be hosting a track laying 101 workshop later this month. We'll be covering basic free floating ground level track laying and raised track with the ladder support system. I'm hoping this will get more of the club membership inspired to build their own layouts. The workshop will be the start of the 7/8's line, a more rustic backwoods line with more plants and few buildings.

-Brian

President of

Joe Satnik

Dear Brian,

Beautiful work.  Thanks for the pics.

Dear All,

For those not familiar with 7/8 ths scale, here's how the math works out:

7/8" to the foot = 7/8" to 12" = 1:13.7

This is the correct scale for 2 foot gauge prototypes to run on 45 mm gauge (gauge 1) track, a.k.a. "large scale" track.

(You would need to convert ft. to mm to prove the track math.)

This would be good for modeling the "Maine 2 Footers" using large scale drive mechanisms. 

Hope this helps. 

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.