News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Narrow Gauge 4-6-2

Started by ebtnut, April 04, 2008, 12:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebtnut

Found this NZGR loco on Railpictures.net.  I believe it is 42" gauge, but would be a close "what-if" for an EBT Pacific.  http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=230114&nseq=4

C.S.R.R. Manager

Man, that's a beauty.  They have some great trains in New Zealand.  I've also thought about bashing an old Mantua Atlantic into an On30 4-4-2, for a more US looking loco.

Mister Lee

As I recall, the colonial railways of Malaysia and French Indo-China had some European-looking meter gauge Pacifics. The post-Independence Indian Railways had some impressive-sized ones.

Closer to the US, the Coahuila y Zacatecas of Mexico had some three foot gauge Pacifics, however, they were outside-framed and were later converted to 4-6-0s.

I can't help but wonder about Colombia and whether they had 4-6-2s. However, that's a country I'd prefer to railfan by builder's archive rather than visit myself.

Tarheelrrds

Hello C.S.R.R. Manager
The Washington & Plymouth RR operated between the two towns in Eastern North Carolina. This line was later absorbed in to the original Norfolk Southern 1900 -1974.
This track is still in operation and serves a large paper mill.
Alan Ashworth

Dusten Barefoot

That 4-4-2 loco would be perfect if it hand counter weights, and walscharters valve gear, and a Radely Hunter stack along with a wood load, that is a loco design I was going to use for my fictional BS Rr, Barefoot & Soutnern.
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

Ken

[I can't help but wonder about Colombia and whether they had 4-6-2s. However, that's a country I'd prefer to railfan by builder's archive rather than visit myself.
[/quote]

Columbia operated 4 Pacifics
  2 Baldwin            SN 41677&41678   1914  Antioquia #13&14
  1 B.M.A.G.            SN 8915     3cyl      1928  Pacifico # 48
  1 Haine St Pierre  SN 1557    3cyl      1927  Pacifico  #47

Ken
     GWN

robman

Hi from NZ. The 4-6-2 loco you have posted here is the "Kingston Flyer" based in the south island of NZ as a tourist ride/attraction. All of the NZ railways were and are still 3'6". I'm not an On30 modeler but it is gaining on me. I do have some fine pix of some historical locos,including a lovely 2-4-4-2 artic and more all in 3'6".If they would be of  intrest to some of you I'll put them up for you when I get home in a couple of weeks. Cheers KiwiRob.   
Modeling over there over here

wade

That would be great! New Zealand's narrow gauge lines are fascinating.
Wade
Wade

Ken

For a Vest pocket 4-6-2, google "Brecon Mountain Railway" and take a look at  their #2, a Baldwin export engine built for South Africa and used 
on a cement hauling railway.   2 foot gauge.

Shipped to England and restored for operation on the Brecon Mountain
Railway,  could be tempted to get a model of it.

Ken
     GWN