News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Push for a Spectrum 2-6-0, dcc and sound?

Started by sparkyjay31, April 09, 2008, 07:10:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparkyjay31

I know I'm starting this early as the 2008 releases are just to hit the shelves.  But can we ask Bachmann for a 2-6-0 Spectrum?  I'd love to see it released at least dcc ready, but with the dcc and Tsunami would be a bonus ( I'd order mine now ).  The Mogul was huge up in this area ( the Boston and Maine ).  Sorry Roundhouse, your 2-6-0 is not "up to snuff" as long as a MRC sound decoder is installed.  So how about it?  These must be more Mogul fans than just me right?

How about a nice B-15 for example?
Southern New Hampshire around 1920 in HO
NCE Power Cab DCC
Long live B&M steam!

sparkyjay31

Mr. Bach-Mann,

Unfortunatley there have been no responses, as of yet, to this thread. ???  But I posted this over on the Model Railroader forum site and have a good many other MRRers that feel as I do.  Have a look:

http://cs.trains.com/forums/1410298/ShowPost.aspx

There.  I've done what I can.  Now it up to you! ;D
NCE Power Cab DCC
Long live B&M steam!

rogertra

Sparky.

The need for a Spectrum 2-6-0 has been thrashed to death here on several occasions and seems to fall on deaf ears at Bachmann.

VTBob

Only problem with a USRA 0-6-0 is that it's already been done by Walthers/LL with DCC & sound. I have one of their 0-8-0's but for as detailed as it is, the DCC is a constant battle to get working. I'm tempted to drop it off at Tony's Trains in Essex here, but I hate to drop another PITA locomotive on them.

Bob(the Vermont Bob)
R. Montanye
Montanye Models, St. Albans, Vermont

Pacific Northern

Quote from: sparkyjay31 on April 09, 2008, 07:10:52 AM
I know I'm starting this early as the 2008 releases are just to hit the shelves.  But can we ask Bachmann for a 2-6-0 Spectrum?  I'd love to see it released at least dcc ready, but with the dcc and Tsunami would be a bonus ( I'd order mine now ).  The Mogul was huge up in this area ( the Boston and Maine ).  Sorry Roundhouse, your 2-6-0 is not "up to snuff" as long as a MRC sound decoder is installed.  So how about it?  These must be more Mogul fans than just me right?

How about a nice B-15 for example?

I would gladly support your request for a Spectrum 2-6-0, would buy one for sure, if not more.

Also needed would be a Spectrum 2-6-2 Prairie.
Pacific Northern

Guilford Guy

A spectrum B-15 is a perfect candidate for  HO. Not only has there been an increasing number of B&M modelers in the past few years, but a B-15 would make an excellent generic 2-6-0.

If bachmann does chose to do a B15, I have a reproduction of the rr blue prints they can use, if they find it necessary. :)
Alex

grumpy

i recently purchased a 0-8-8-8-0 directly  from IHC that is supposed to be DCC ready.I would go for a Mogul and a pacific with dcc and sound but only if they were mfg from spectrum locos  . I have a std Bachman mogul and I don't believe the detail and quality is good enough for a dcc and sound loco.
Don :P

Yampa Bob

Well, I heard once that many of the steamers now in the standard line were once Spectrum models, and they were moved to standard to make room for more high end items like sound, Berks, and other stuff. 

Of course the newer Spectrum might be better quality than the older ones.  I admit to being a Bachmann "snob", I like their quality for the buck.

Don, does the Mogul run good?  I'm not so concerned about the detail.

Bob
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

sparkyjay31

So I guess it comes down to the manufacturer ( in this case Bachmann ) not thinking thee is a market for this locomotive?  Too bad.  With the 4-4-0, 4-6-0, 2-8-0 already in the Spectrum fleet I would think that a 2-6-0 Mogul would be a great addition and a natural fit...
NCE Power Cab DCC
Long live B&M steam!

Pacific Northern

Quote from: Yampa Bob on April 10, 2008, 01:08:41 AM
Well, I heard once that many of the steamers now in the standard line were once Spectrum models, and they were moved to standard to make room for more high end items like sound, Berks, and other stuff. 

I remember  the Bachmann Plus line of steamers and know that they are now part of the Standard Spectrum line.  However, I was unaware that any Spectrum engines were now part of the Standard Line.

Can anyone coment on this statement?
Pacific Northern

Frisco

IHC makes one that runs realy good it just is lacking majorly in details and is not DCC ready . Some thing logging would be good as        some   of   the  2-6-0 's 2-8-0's ect. were former main line locomotives . Also some thing SP would be nice , Bachmann seems to do all east coast proto tipes .

grumpy

Bob
The mogul runs pretty good but lacks the necessary details.
Don :-\

Yampa Bob

Pacific:
Someone mentioned it on the forum, don't remember when or by whom. I can't verify it since I only started in 2007.  Could just be "gossip".

Bob
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

andrechapelon

IHC makes one that runs realy good it just is lacking majorly in details and is not DCC ready . Some thing logging would be good as        some   of   the  2-6-0 's 2-8-0's ect. were former main line locomotives . Also some thing SP would be nice , Bachmann seems to do all east coast proto tipes .

The IHC Mogul (rear cab not that bogus camelback) is based on the SP M-4 2-6-0.

Now, if Bachmann were to do an SP Mogul of classes M-6, M-8 or M-9, I suppose I could be persuaded to part with some money.

Andre