News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

How 'bout a pre-1905 57" driver 2-8-0

Started by hminky, April 10, 2008, 05:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hminky

Bachmann could build a nice pre-1905 typical consolidation using the ten-wheeler boiler and tender with a new frame using the 57"drivers from the Chinese Mikado.

It would be a typical 2-8-0 from the 1895-1905 era and would fill a big void.

Harold

ebtnut

I won't argue on the need for a mid-size 2-8-0 like that, but I'd also like to see something that would be equally useful, like this:  http://www.mountsavagehistoricalsociety.org/c&p/images/C&P%20LOCOMOTIVES.htm

hminky

Those are 50" driver consolidations that can be bashed from the Roundhouse 2-8-0.

There is no 57" driver consolidation available in any scale and there are a whole bunch of prototypes. Like all the southern, harriman UP etc. 2-8-0's

http://southern.railfan.net/images/archive/southern/steam/cons/sou186pineyriverva941.html

Harold

Pacific Northern

Interesting choice you are requesting.

What with the Roundhouse 2-8-0 offering of late I do not see Bachmann being overly interested in bringing out a model so similar.

I would rather see the mogul or prairie models that others are requesting.
Pacific Northern

hminky

Quote from: Pacific Northern on April 10, 2008, 07:41:43 PM
Interesting choice you are requesting.

What with the Roundhouse 2-8-0 offering of late I do not see Bachmann being overly interested in bringing out a model so similar.

I would rather see the mogul or prairie models that others are requesting.

It is far from similar, the Roundhouse 2-8-0 is not even close to the 57" driver 2-8-0's which were the backbone of freight railroading for a long period.

There are several Moguls and praries available or can be bashed from available mechanisms, but there are no 57" driver 2-8-0 available.

Harold

Pacific Northern

With Bachmann releasing the very popular 2-8-0 I certainly do not see another 2-8-0 in the works any time soon.

However that certainly does not mean that we can not ask(wish)  for what we would like.
Pacific Northern

NevinW

I would strongly second the idea of a turn-of-the-century 2-8-0 similar to the 4-6-0.  They would probably turn to the M&P for a prototype.  My Tonopah and Tidewater could use several.  Just make it easily compatible with the same Vanderbilt tender.  -  Nevin

wade

I'll second the Ma&Pa 2-8-0 idea - the light ones or the heavies.
Wade
Wade

hminky

Quote from: NevinW on April 11, 2008, 08:40:05 AM
I would strongly second the idea of a turn-of-the-century 2-8-0 similar to the 4-6-0.  They would probably turn to the M&P for a prototype.  My Tonopah and Tidewater could use several.  Just make it easily compatible with the same Vanderbilt tender.  -  Nevin

D-oh!!!! That is the Roundhouse 2-8-0. Why are people always highjacking threads???

If you want your Giggle and Hee-haw 2-2-2 start your own thread.

Highly agitated
Harold

wade

If you would like to stop a thread please continue with more replies like your last one Harold.
Wade
Wade

hminky

Quote from: wade on April 11, 2008, 10:41:42 AM
If you would like to stop a thread please continue with more replies like your last one Harold.
Wade

Why shouldn't I be rude when people come on a thread and change the subject, i.e. hijack? I see it all the time on forums, if you don't want to discuss what is in the subject line start your own thread.

And if you don't know what you are talking about please don't comment.

REALLY AGITATED
Harold

wade

Wade

SteamGene

Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

WoundedBear

Amazing.

Harold....normal human convesation doesn't always stay on topic......things come up, other ideas get integrated.....one question leads to another.

Short of a brief mention of a 4-6-0, I fail to see how this thread has been hijacked.....you did more damage to it, yourself, by bringing on these replies.

Sid

rogertra

Harold.

The discussion is about a 57 inch 2-8-0.

So, someone mentions the release of the Roundhouse 2-8-0 that with the Spectrum 2-8-0 already gives us two 2-8-0s on the market which reduces the chances of someone else produciing another 2-8-0. 

That is still ON TOPIC, it's a 2-8-0, which is what the discussion is about.  Wheel size is of lesser importantance when explaining market forces and why the likelyhood of your request being met is very low.