News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Can't get through to service Dept

Started by Dave, April 13, 2008, 04:20:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Hi there Bachmann,
                     Have tried sending several E'mails to the service dept for a replacement Final Drive for my 2-8-0 Connie,which is new, but they both were sent back as " undeliverable". Can you help me with this problem as I would really like to see my NZ$600 Loco going.
               Many Thanks
                 Dave
                  Waikino
                    NZ

the Bach-man

Dear Dave,
I'll forward your post.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

trea916

ITS BECAUSE BACHMANN HAS SOME OF THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER
IF YOU READ THROUGH THE FORMS ON HERE YOU SEE FOR YOUR SELF ,HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE HAD PROBLEMS WITH THERE SERVICE

Greg Elmassian

Jeeze.

As many people will attest to, I'm no corporate brown-noser.

But, do you think a post in all caps will improve customer service, or make people want to help more?

Polite requests, positive feedback when something good happens, and objective, constructive criticism when things don't go right, this stuff works.

Do you like being yelled at? Does it make you like the person yelling? Do you feel like going out of your way to help someone yelling at you?

Honestly consider those questions.

Regards, Greg

Visit my site: lots of tips and techniques: http://www.elmassian.com

trea916

Greg Elmassian

I am, I want the Bach-mann on our side, not all mad.

So when I have trouble, he will be helpful, not mad because you beat him up.

Don't you think this is a valid point of view?

Regards, Greg

p.s. if you advice is for me to keep out of your business, how come you added to Dave's thread? By your comment, you should not be commenting about Dave's post, you should worry about yourself (only).
Visit my site: lots of tips and techniques: http://www.elmassian.com

Steve Stockham

I'm going to agree with Greg on this one although I share everyone's frustration with Bachmann's decisions whether they be in customer service, marketing OR product developement! Yelling on a forum doesn't persuade as Greg has said. On the other hand Bachmann has never given any indication that it considers customer service to be of importance. At least it doesn't seem to! Why else go to the trouble of having an e-mail address for customer service? In fact, why have a form to fill out? If nobody is ever going to read the e-mails it would behoove Bachmann to get rid of the link! I would rather take my chances with the telephone.
   For some reason Bachmann has never had any kind of parts backlog. This is probably a business decision but considering that there are "issues" beginning to creep up with locomotives, it might be time to revisit this decision! The goodwill of current customers should be of paramount importance! Being able to keep these beauties running properly would go a long way toward that goal!

brian allison

hi from down under!

As you can see from Dave's approach to this topic, he has now won the attention of 'the Bachmann'. i hope it is  fruitful!

i have joined in several forums over the last couple of years and it always saddens me to see you guys sniping and stabbing at each other >:(

thankfully, we are all different. we all have different points of view,and different approaches to problems/topics. the very least u can do is repect someone else's point of view. if u don't agree with what u see or read then slagging the author sure aint going to add any value to the situation !

we all share a wonderful hobby and makers such as Bachmann are bringing us better and cheaper products. Sure, there will always be problems like this with final drive gears , or something else, all makers have these situations and some will always appear to deal with them better than others.
just hang in there, like we are, patiently waiting for our replacement bits,
and, most importantly,ENJOY THE HOBBY AND THE CONTACT THESE FORUMS BRING

rgds,Brian Allison 

mikeC

Dear Sirs:
    I have to speak up about the Bachmann Service...It is tops !  And I mean ALL OF THE TIME....I have helped many people with mostly little problems and have never had  ANY problem....Bachmann is one of the BEST companies I have ever worked with and again, Their service department is TOPS! Whether your problem is large or small.

Steve Stockham

IF you get through to an actual person I would agree! The one place where they truly seem to have dropped the ball is with their e-mail! Why advertise and maintain an electronic form for communicating with the service dept. if no one ever seems to answer? :-\

the Bach-man

Dear All,
Please see my other post on service issues for men Down Under...
Thanks!
the Bach-man