News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Layout pics

Started by Margaritaman, April 13, 2008, 08:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custom Mike

This just goes to show that where there is a will, there is a way.  And believe it or not it is not the size but how-------Well large layouts are cool but if you are busy and don't want to devote the funds, smaller layouts can be  a blast.  Enjoy.

TrampTrader

Really great layout work. Thanks for sharing your photos with us.

Margaritaman

Check here for updates.  I just created a 155 tree forest.
San Dimas Southern RR

trainmanchris

hey thats me ;D! i don't have ANY room but i make do ;)!

Jhanecker2

Nice work and well thought out selection of pictures. John II

Santa Fe buff

Awesome layout, but you need some more ground cover, and some more finishing touches. You can use real dirt, just filter it first for some 'HO' 'rocks' for your railroad beding.
- Joshua Bauer

Margaritaman

Quote from: Santa Fe buff on July 28, 2008, 05:06:00 PM
Awesome layout, but you need some more ground cover, and some more finishing touches. You can use real dirt, just filter it first for some 'HO' 'rocks' for your railroad beding.

I think you may be looking at the dark brown area(s) in the distance.  That is just a brown latex base color and unfinished.  I actually use dirt sifted through window screen for my ballast. 

tlnibert

I'm looking for a plan to fit a 5 by 12 area, any suggestions?
tom

SteamGene

The Atlas plan book is a great way to start.  Is this a 5x12 around the room, or a 5x12 table?
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Margaritaman

Quote from: tlnibert on July 30, 2008, 08:44:06 AM
I'm looking for a plan to fit a 5 by 12 area, any suggestions?
tom

A lot of free time on airlplanes to doodle! 
Seriously, I fly alot and have quiet time in hotels too. 
As a child (I'm 43) I memorized Kalmbach's 101 Trackplans, so as mentioned by Gene, those books are a great place to start.  Every model railroader should own a pad of quad ruled paper, mechanical pencils, compass, and a very large eraser, if not get over to the store.

tlnibert

I plan on a straight table 5 by 12, I could add more later. I have a large G Scale in the back yard.
tom