News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Just an Experiment

Started by epeorus, April 02, 2008, 11:01:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

epeorus

Just trying to post a pic of my On30 layout to see if I can.  I hope somebody lets me know if it worked.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3250/2382824250_1fbe0930e4_b.jpg

Jim
The Jemez & Rio Grande, an On30 branch of the Chili Lines.

bwreno

Clear photo---great looking layout---please post more.

bob

C.S.R.R. Manager

Very nice, very western US.  Yes, I would like to see more, especially a long shot to see how the overall plan works.  And, we can try using the img tags to show it inline:

epeorus

Thanks for letting me that I can do this picture stuff.  Even though I have been doing computer modeling for over 30 years (FORTRAN, etc.), there are still things that leave me confused and bewildered.

The pueblo is where my grandmother grew up in northern New Mexico (at least my condensed version).  The layout is set in northern New Mexico along the Chili Line.  I will post more pictures in a while.

Don't know if I can provide an "overall" view of the layout.  It fills my converted two-car garage here in Florida.  I guess I could attempt to draw and post a layout plan.  Would that help?

Jim

epeorus

OK.  Here's one more.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3225/2382823806_f0abde2df1_b.jpg

Crossing Frijoles Creek before the little guy was weathered.

JIm

OGReditor

Gorgeous work!  Consider submitting a few photos to me at O Gauge Railroading magazine and I'll be happy to consider publishing one or more in the magazine.  I still could use some more input for our Oct. issue, which will feature narrow gauge.  You'll also get $50 for each photo used (and more if we do a full-blown feature).  That'll be enough to buy several more of those gas mechanicals or Porters, or whatever.  ;)

Really nice modeling, and very distinctive!  Thanks for sharing your handiwork here!

Allan

0n30nutz

Very nice!
   Now, if you can tell me how you got the photo posted, maybe I can get some up, too...

Regards,

Howard
If it ain't steam, it ain't...

br549

railtwister

Your pictures look great! Please post more when you can. You mentioned you're in Florida, we have a fairly active Florida On30 group on Yahoo! Groups, drop in and give us a visit <www.yahoogroups.com/group/floridaon30> (you can also try Googling "Florida On30 Renegades").

Keep up the good work!

Regards,
Bill Nielsen
Oakland Park, FL
Florida On30 Renegades

OGReditor

Any of you folks here who would like to share photos of your On30 layouts with a much larger audience--and get paid for it--please consider e-mailing a JPEG shot or two to editor@ogaugerr.com or OGReditor@gmail.com

One of the best ways to expand participation in On30 (which helps lead to more new products) is to let others see what can be accomplished in that scale.

Allan

finderskeepers

fantastic, love it. Is there a home webpage site?

epeorus

Quote from: finderskeepers on April 07, 2008, 09:20:41 AM
fantastic, love it. Is there a home webpage site?

Sorry, but there isn't.   I have a website, professionally, just to list all of my publications and research and I hate having to keep that updated.  I never thought about trying to keep a home webpage devoted to the layout (I'd rather be making a mess of the layout room instead).  I guess I should, if nothing else, put together a photo album, or something and post it to one of the On30 list serves.  I have always thought of the work as being kind of mediocer, anyway.  I am surprised by the response and grateful for all of the compliments.

Jim

OGReditor

That modeling is anything but mediocre, Jim!  Thanks for sending me some additional photos for us to consider for the magazine (Oct. issue).  Truly some wonderful modeling, and it sure made the others on our staff--all of them--sit up and take notice.  Really some great modeling there, and a great example of what can be accomplished in On30.

Frisco