News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Another Garret request

Started by railtwister, April 24, 2008, 11:16:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

railtwister

Mr. Bach-man and Mr. Riley,

With all the talk about a WWI type loco, and foreign (to the US) loco prototypes, I would like to again state that if Bachmann were to release a Beyer-Garrett type loco, especially if it was one of the smaller versions, in On30, I would find it impossible to resist. This is in spite of the fact that since the release of the Forney, I have decided to focus my On30 modeling on mimicking the Maine Two footers (and subsequently purchased three of them).  Yes, I did recently purchase a 4-4-0 in a weak moment (hey, it was just another one of those "irresistable" items), and I also have an O-F Consolidation (which I justify by thinking the prototype two footers would have had one eventually, as a logical step up from one of the 2-6-2's), but I really AM going to limit my focus to Maine 2 Footers, no, REALLY!

Please, Mr. Bach-man and Mr. Riley, just don't come out with a SR&RL 2-6-2 at the same time as a Beyer-Garrett, because that would really cause me to go into financial meltdown!

Regards,
Bill Nielsen
Oakland Park, FL
Florida On30 Renegades at Yahoo-Groups

epeorus

Bill,

I agree ... I would love to see any Beyer-Garratt.  Having ridden behind them in South Africa and Zimbabwe, they are tremendous experiences.  However, with an On30 version in brass being offered by Backwoods Miniatures (albeit for a very hefty price), I suspect that our friends at Bachmann may not feel that they should prepare a duplicate.  But, I'll put in my vote for one ... that I can afford ... I'll worry about justifying it on the layout set in northern New Mexico, later.

Jim

The Jemez & Rio Grande, an On30 branch of the Chili Lines.

Ken

Bill & Jim

Another manufactor of a B-G engine is Redfern Models Pty Ltd (Australia)
  They are working on a second run of a G-42s  2-6-0+0-6-2T.  have one
  on order.

Another option? International Hobbies sells an Australian AD-60, a
4-8-4+4-8-4, possible conversion? to a Sierra Leone 4-8-2+2-8-4 built for
  2ft 6in gauge

One day I will get my Kitson-Meyer 2-6-0+0-6-2T asembled and running,
just to many thing's going on at the moment.

Ken
   GWN