News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Trees and New Catalog

Started by Jonathan MacCormack, February 27, 2007, 04:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan MacCormack

Bach Man,

Great catalog. Received mine FREE like everyone else, I guess.

Really like the trees available on page 67, reminds me of the Life-Like offerings of s few years ago.

Thanks for the excellent presentation.

Jonathan

Stephen Warrington

I have never recieved a free Bachmann catalog ever and I have over $2,000 invested in Bachmann large and HO locos and cars.

Stephen

Jonathan MacCormack

Stephen,

All I did was ask my local hobby shop.

You don't ask, you don't get!

Jonathan

bevernie

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I thought the catalogs were $10!!!   You mean they're FREE?? BACHMANN??
www.3abn.com   www.amazingfacts.com    www.bibleinfo.com

Jonathan MacCormack

Ask your local hobby shop about the catalog.

Jonathan

Atlantic Central

Most of the local shops around here give them away to any paying customer who buys bachmann stuff. I don't how much Bachmann charges the shops for them, but they must see it as a good propotional tool.

I have the the 2004, 2006 and 2007 catalogs and have never paid for one yet. If I had to pay, I would not have any, why pay for info that is free on this web site?

Sheldon

Stephen Warrington

>:( Okay maybe that is my problem I have no real local hobbyshop all I have with in 45 miles of me is a Hobbytown and a Hobby Lobby both are crap when it comes to catalogs unless you buy Lionel and our Hobby Lobby has a very poor train selection a few Bachmann starter sets and Atlas snap track and thats about it.

Stephen

Jonathan MacCormack

Stephen,

OK. Now you have to be a salesman!

Get Model Railroader Magazine or Railroad Model Craftsman Magazine.
Go to rear section listing hobby stores for your state and adjacent state if you are located on the state line.

Start with closest store to you and move outward.

Call, ASK if they sell Bachmann Trains. If they do, tell them you live in a remote area (use mileage factor, no stores close that handle product, etc.) and need a catalog to look over some items you saw advertised as you are looking to purchase them and need a catalog to review before purchase.

Ask if they do mail order and how that is worked out (check, money order,etc.), so you sound interested and perhaps willing to purchase from them. Ask about inventory to show interest in dealing with them, perhsps an easy layout question, whatever.

Dazzel them with bull and fancy footwork. You have nothing to loose, all to gain.

Best of luck,

Your sales manager,

Jonathan

Stephen Warrington

Ok I will give that a shot and see what happens.

Thanks so much for the suggestion.

Stephen

Paul M.

Tell us how that goes. Hope you get a catalog. ;)

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

tlnibert

Ever year, I request a free catalog from Aristo Craft and I've never been lucky yet.  I get free catalogs from a dealer, Aristo Craft etc.  I didn't get the Bachmann.  MTH sends out fine catalogs for the asking.  I won't buy a catalog, if a company wants me to spend my money on their products, then they can send me a catalog.  They expect you to buy the Thousand dollar engines.  I received a USA Catalog a couple weeks ago and first thing I did was order a pair of SD-70's.
Another biggie, is Bachmann can sell cars for $39.99 with metal wheels but other companies ask 60 to 80 dollars for cars with plastic wheels.
Tom

JerryB

I don't think Bachmann has any ". . . Thousand dollar engines". Perhaps charging for the cataolg helps keep Bachmann's prices low.

Happy RRing,

Jerry
Sequoia Pacific RR in 1:20 / 70.6mm
Boonville Light & Power Co. in 1:20 / 45mm
Navarro Engineering & Construction Co. in 1:20 / 32mm
NMRA Life Member #3370
Member: Bay Area Electric Railway Association
Member: Society for the Preservation of Carter Railroad Resources

Jonathan MacCormack

Page 228, Bachmann Catalog, engine price for a 1:20.3 Narrow gauge
4-4-0  is $850.00 msrp. Highest priced in catalog.

This is an FYI note.

Jonathan

tlnibert

Look at the suggested price of a three truck Shay.  I love my Bachmann engines and my favorite of all my engines is the Bachmann 2-8-0.
I have the three truck Shay, but it's stays in the box until my layouts running again.
I usually get a free catlog from my dealer, but he's just about stop selling Bachmann.
The Bachmann Web Page does a real good job of showing their products.
BUTT, there is a couple rooms in the house where a catalog is very useful addition.

Jonathan MacCormack

tinibert,

I stand corrected, see page 221 for info on Three-Truck Shay @ $1,000 msrp.

Sorry for mistake.

Jonathan